Christopher Brandon
United States
Lynnwood
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I missed the kickstarter, but played Coup with some friends who had it and loved it! Then I tried to find a copy of my own and at $60+ right now it's absurd to consider purchasing a copy. I am surprised given demand, and since it is a card game with minimal components, it's not being reprinted quickly? I can get 3 versions of Love Letter, but not one of Coup? Disappointing.

Regardless, the want (need) to play it with family prompted me to re-theme a version for home use while I wait for a reprint so I can purchase my own copy. So inspired by my love of Samurai films and James Clavell's Shogun, I re-themed Coup into Kudeta!

Here are the thematic changes for Kudeta:

Coins become Koku
Income becomes Harvest
Foreign Aid becomes Levy Taxes
Coup became Kudeta

Duke became Merchant
Assassin became Ninja
Contessa became Samurai
Captain became Ronin
Ambassador became Daimyo
Inquisitor became Geisha

I found brilliant art from MyCks Sato on deviant art to make cards with and purchased some 5 yen coins to use as Koku. Lots of fun, but I can't wait to purchase the real game. Perhaps, much like Love Letter or Werewolf, there is an opportunity for Indie Board & Card Games to produce/sell re-themed versions of Coup? I look forward to purchasing!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xenothon Stelnicki
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Very nice!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.