Tannhäuser» Forums » General

Subject: Scenario objectives some questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rocy7 POL
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm thinking of purchasing the game, but I have some doubts about the scenarios.
I know this is a game in which aggression and struggle are necessary to win, but I would like to know if you can win more tactically?

Are the objectives of the scenarios allow for example distraction enemy in the meantime, more efficient implementation of the objectives? How much important is the aggression and quickly finishing your opponent and how much tactics and focus on the objectives of the mission?
What are the example scenario objectives? There are several? They are just the opposite? You can win such as pursuing secondary when the enemy will realize the main objective?

What is Daedalus Campaign? Game has a Campaign, heroes get more stronger from one mission to another? There are addons with character growth?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen G Roy
United States
Mesa
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Check out some of the unofficial scenarios here, and decide:

http://blacksheep.eclipsenoire.net/main.php?lang=EN
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tobias Sölvefjord
Sweden
Skövde
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not really sure what you're asking but I'll try to set it straight for you.
There are basically six different modes of play and map control is the basic theme of them all;

Deathmatch in wich you simply try to annihilate your opponent. My least favourite way of playing.
Capture the Flag Mode Here you basically play like any FPS and utilize map control.
Objective Mode in which you try to navigate your characters to certain circles on the board and place control markers on those which correlate with your characters different skills.
Domination Mode in wich you fight to place control markers on a majority of certain circles to win.
King of the Hill Mode Much like domination mode but with a chain of command twist in wich only the faction leader can score points.

And then there are different scenarios for Story Mode.
Note that all of these come with the expansion map or character you buy seperately. These vary much in quality in terms of balance and are always tied tightly to the corresponding character.
The campaigns in Daedalus and Operation Hinansho are very good in that they offer different story lines depending on which side won a certain scenario but none of them are RPG-like in that characters does not level up and picked of characters are not really "dead".

In all of the different modes of play you'll have to play on your different character's strengths, back them up and try to control the map that way, much like an RTS or FPS.
I prefereably play Domination Mode or the Map campaigns but you have to bleed quite a lot of money to reach the level of satisfaction I know and love. I'd love to recomend Tannhäuser but you need to know that it's no highly strategic experience. If the latter is what you're after, then perhaps Earth Reborn is what you seek.
If you want gun blazing fun then Tannhäuser is just right.

What Tannhäuser is;
Tactical, cinematic, fun and highly custumizable.

What Tannhäuser is not;
RPG, cheap to get into, fair, brain burning

You can also check out the file section here on BGG for fan made stuff or www.front-toward-enemy.us for LOTS of more info.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls