Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Daniel Cervantes
United States
Warsaw
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Ok Huggin is a bird that gains mana during the channeling step. The card states that he may cast level one or two spells. Do I need to pick a card for Huggin during planning or do I use one from my hand. And when does Huggin cast the spell, during deployment? Or is it a quick action it can use when activating HUggin?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Beiter
United States
Tonawanda
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules for familiars have their own section in the rule book. I advise you give it a once over to familiarize yourself.

He can not cast any spell, I believe they are only incantations. And they are cast when he is activated.
The deployment phase is just for spawn points.

During planning you select the spells for your mage and each familiar and spawn point gets their own spell.

Hope that helps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick C Connor Jr
United States
Jamestown
New York
flag msg tools
mb

paco2099 wrote:
Ok Huggin is a bird that gains mana during the channeling step. The card states that he may cast level one or two spells. Do I need to pick a card for Huggin during planning or do I use one from my hand.

Yes, you choose the Level 1 or 2 Incantation for Huginn during the Planning Phase.

(see "Familiars" p. 16 of the Mage Wars Rulebook & Codex)

paco2099 wrote:
And when does Huggin cast the spell, during deployment? Or is it a quick action it can use when activating HUggin?

Huginn will cast the spell when it (Huginn) is activated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls