Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Justin F
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If a unit is entering a hex with a road or highway from a hex that does not have a road or highway, is the movement point cost the terrain or the actual road/highway they are moving into?

In other words, do you only count movement on highways/roads if a unit is moving from a hex with highway/road to an adjacent hex with highway/road?

Also, a question about terrain: when a unit is defending in a hex with both a village and a forest, does the terrain bonus stack? For example, does the defender add both the -1 to attacker die roll from being in a village AND the -1 modifier to attacker die roll from being in a forest?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have never even read the rules for this game (it is in the queue) but every war-game I can recall playing only grants a road bonus if moving from a road hex to a contiguous road hex along that same road.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
roger miller
United States
California
flag msg tools
publisher
Martin is correct about the roads. Only contiguous road to road or highway to highway or any combo of highway and roads gets to use the bonus. It is a rules problem in that like Martin I am so used to it after thousands of games I did not spell it out clearly. Sorry.

As for the villages and woods combo if you look at the line on the combat modifiers for village you will see it has a footnote. Can not be combined with woods. You only get a -1 even if both are in the hex.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin F
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rmiller1093 wrote:
Martin is correct about the roads. Only contiguous road to road or highway to highway or any combo of highway and roads gets to use the bonus. It is a rules problem in that like Martin I am so used to it after thousands of games I did not spell it out clearly. Sorry.

As for the villages and woods combo if you look at the line on the combat modifiers for village you will see it has a footnote. Can not be combined with woods. You only get a -1 even if both are in the hex.

Ah, thank you. I had been playing with the contiguous road movement as you outlined it; I just wanted to be sure (I'm relatively new to "traditional" wargaming, so Celles is one of the first hex-and-counter games I own).

Really great game so far; really like the design of movement also serving as attack and the dual chit-pull system. The Allies aren't faring so well about halfway through the game I'm playing!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls