Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
badge
I am vengeance. I am the night. I am BATMAN!
mbmbmbmbmb
Has anyone found any good Plano boxes to store the mini's that will also fit back into the box?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ubergeek
United States
Washougal
Washington
flag msg tools
Be Happy in your Game!
badge
I spent 100 Geek Gold and all I got was this lousy overtext message!
mbmbmbmbmb
I use a standard $1.99 rectangular plastic hobby box you can get at any craft store or even Wal-mart. All the figures except the 2 large ones fit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sozin sky
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's not plano, but it fits nicely in the box and stores all of the core game minis perfectly.

michael's medium bead box with flexible storage ($6.99)

I'll take a pic of my setup.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sozin sky
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
here it is. as you can see I've removed some of the dividers for a roomier fit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Schmo
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
So I take it you have to remove the cardboard insert from the box for this to fit? I'd guess then that there's then enough room for maybe a second one to put the cards, tiles and other bits in as well...might as well have that all sorted too. What do you guys generally use for the cards, tiles and other bits? I think I'm going to sleeve my cards and didn't know if people generally use card boxes or find a plano box for them and the other items. If anyone has any ideas or pictures that would be great. I want to be able to separate out the command and lore cards and protect them, etc...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sozin sky
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Test
Yeah you have to dump the insert.

I use a monster deck box for the cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Schmo
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
sozin wrote:
Yeah you have to dump the insert.

I use a monster deck box for the cards.

Is "monster" a specific brand or model or are you just saying you use a big one? Do you just throw the tiles and other bits in then? I kinda thought it would be nice to have one box for the armies and one for the cards and other pieces. If we've got to dump the insert for one tray, might as well use two and organize everything.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sozin sky
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.amazon.com/Monster-Protectors-Trading-Self-lockin...

tiles are just dumped in, yeah. as for the bits, I have another tiny storage box I use for them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Schmo
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
Thanks, does that fit in the original box as well? Sleeved cards will fit? Do you just bag the terrain tiles?

Sorry for all the questions. I know it's simple stuff, but being new to it all it would take a lot of research and driving around and I'd just like to come up with one solution and go to the store or make an online order and be done with it.

Another idea I had from researching was to make a plano or bead box for each "side". So a box that has all the armies and cards for each player and just be able to hand that to each person. I just wonder if there's something that will fit everything and still go back in the box.

Thanks for your help.

Someone mentioned "standard" hobby box's for 1.99. Sound better than 6 bucks at Michaels, but what's standard? I mean there's a million sized of these things and the plano boxes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Schmo
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
Other thoughts:

Can you fit the scenario cards in there as well? I was thinking maybe along the front lengthwise if there's a space there. There's only 96 standard cards in the game and that holds 150 sleeved. So I guess you could put the remainder of the standard and the mini cards in one of the sides?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls