Ned Law
United States
Lakewood
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I pre-ordered the new 4th edition base game (which of course we're still waiting for) but I just purchased Factions from my FLGS. When I went to add it to my collection here on BGG, I realized that they list a first(which is what I bought) and second edition of this Factions expansion. Will this first edition Factions be compatible with the new 4th edition base game? I know the domes are not in this but I was wondering if the alien tech cards work as I believe they have altered them slightly. Any help here would be appreciated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Starling Games
United States
Londonderry
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jacob, I'll check this out for you and will let you know tomorrow. That OK?

Michael
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ned Law
United States
Lakewood
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome! I really appreciate that, thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Starling Games
United States
Londonderry
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not a problem - here's an answer, straight from the horse's mouth! (well, our David's mouth...)

"The only differences are that Factions 2nd includes purple domes instead of wood tokens, the box is 6" x 6" instead of 4.5" x 8.5", and the rules were reformatted to fit the box"

So, there you have it! Let me know if you need anything else

Michael
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ned Law
United States
Lakewood
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So, the back of the alien tech cards haven't changed?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wayne O'Keeffe
Ireland
Sligo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jrwalden wrote:
So, the back of the alien tech cards haven't changed?

iirc, I believe there was only a slight colour difference between the 1st edition base game and second edition base game. Factions came out after that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moray Grant
United Kingdom
Dyce
Aberdeen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I received my copy of 4th ed Alien Frontiers today. I had the original factions expansion already as a Christmas gift and the card backs have very slight differences in terms of the border size and colour but I have to put them side by side and examine to notice the difference.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls