Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Crouch
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Passionate Kiss lets you choose two Meeples from another's stomach.

Do you get to look at the contents of their stomach first, then pick, or do you pick the colors you want without looking?

The difference is the former would allow to pick colors that hurt their scoring, while the second generally would not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Off The Shelf Board Game Reviews
United States
Anchorage
Alaska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
eblingus wrote:
Passionate Kiss lets you choose two Meeples from another's stomach.

Do you get to look at the contents of their stomach first, then pick, or do you pick the colors you want without looking?

The difference is the former would allow to pick colors that hurt their scoring, while the second generally would not.

If I recall right they are all specifically worded to say randomly when its random and not use random when its not. Read all the powers and you will be able to see the difference in verbage.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan Brunell
Canada
Bromont
Quebec
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't have a rule book near, but if I remember it's random.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Crouch
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I have the rule book, and it does not say random.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Crouch
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I get that. The rulebook does not say it is random, but it also does not say the player gets to look at the contents of the Stomach before choosing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Off The Shelf Board Game Reviews
United States
Anchorage
Alaska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here is the wording from the rulebook.
Quote:

Select 2 Meeples of your choice in the Stomach of another Monster currently in your Neighborhood and place them in your Stomach

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew McFarland
United States
Pepperell
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds like you take a quick peek and choose, but I wouldn't be looking long enough to take notes or anything. Technically you see everything that gets put back there anyway.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua
United States
Parkland
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Eyefink wrote:
Sounds like you take a quick peek and choose, but I wouldn't be looking long enough to take notes or anything. Technically you see everything that gets put back there anyway.

There are only 6 meeple color possibilities.
Rather than look, specify a color "give me a yellow meeple". If they don't have it, ask for another color (or the same color, "gie me ANOTHER yellow meeple". Conclude when you have been given 2 meeples. You'll have to trust the other player not to be lying or petty.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gerry Baygents
United States
Alamosa
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We've been playing that you must select the color(s) you want, and if the victim doesn't have them, then you're out of luck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared

Monroe
Washington
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ran into this same question yesterday when playing. I would be inclined to go with picking 2 at random reaching over the screen. If you were a monster giving a passionate kiss to another monster not sure your tongue could be really specific on what meeples you got. wow

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls