Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Poulsen
United States
Juneau
Alaska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry if this is clearly answered some where but I can't find the answer so please let me know if you have it.

The "1 More Round" tile states:

"After this round is over, the Start Player and everyone after him in turn order has one more turn, after which time the game is over".

My question is when exactly is a round over? I will try to clarify my question with this scenario.

I'm playing a 3 player game with players A, B, and C (A is the start player). Player C (the last player) purchases a tile from the market, increases his income and reputation accordingly and then collects his income and moves his population marker to finish his turn. Then when refilling the market the "1 More Round" tile is revealed. At this point I see one of two things happening but I'm not sure which is correct:

1) It is still considered player C's turn while refiling the market. In this case, he would draw another tile and refill the market and his turn would then be complete. His turn would then have also just completed a round. Since his turn ended the round after the "1 More Round" tile was drawn players A, B, and C would all have one more turn and the game would be complete.

2) Player C's turn ended after he collected his income and moved his population marker at which point a round was also completed. Then the "1 More Round" tile was drawn stating that you complete this round and then everyone gets one more turn and the game is over. Meaning player A, B, and C would all take 2 more turns and the game would be complete.

Really my question is when is a round complete? Before filling up the market or after filling up the market? Please let me know which scenario is correct (1 or 2 from above).

Thanks, if I've completely confused you please let me know and I'll try to explain again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Griffard
United States
Meridian
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MCP Style wrote:
1) It is still considered player C's turn while refiling the market. In this case, he would draw another tile and refill the market and his turn would then be complete. His turn would then have also just completed a round. Since his turn ended the round after the "1 More Round" tile was drawn players A, B, and C would all have one more turn and the game would be complete.

Refilling the Real Estate Market is part of player C's turn therefore only one more round will be played.

From the rulebook:

On his turn, each player must perform the following four actions in order:
1. Take and place 1 tile or place 1 Investment Marker in your borough.
2. Collect or pay money (based on your Income).
3. Adjust Population on the Population Board (based on your Reputation).
4. Add a new tile to the Real Estate Market.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Valencia
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For what it's worth, we just finished playing a game about an hour ago and we played it as scenario 1 you posted. However, I would also like for someone to clarify this. (I think though that the number tiles is counted out to allow every player the same number of turns; For example, every time we've played 3 player games, the 3rd player is the one that draws the "One more round" tile and then the First player has his last turn, second has his go, and so on.)

edit:
HyperionHuxley wrote:
MCP Style wrote:

Refilling the Real Estate Market is part of player C's turn therefore only one more round will be played.

From the rulebook:

On his turn, each player must perform the following four actions in order:
1. Take and place 1 tile or place 1 Investment Marker in your borough.
2. Collect or pay money (based on your Income).
3. Adjust Population on the Population Board (based on your Reputation).
4. Add a new tile to the Real Estate Market.

thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fernando Robert Yu
Philippines
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Choice 1 is correct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Poulsen
United States
Juneau
Alaska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you very much!

It was more beneficial for me to play it as scenario 2 the other night and so I convinced everyone that was the correct way to play even though I suspected we should have played the other way. It was our first time playing the game and I couldn't remember the rules completely. Thanks again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Linda Baldwin
United States
White Plains
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Psrdon my thread revivification, but I'm suffering from math issues. I'm sure it's just me, but I can't make the numbers come out.

Assume a four-player game. Assume also that the 1 More Round marker winds up at the bottom of its section of Stack C (thus tile #22 of 26), and that Player A turns it over during his/her Refresh-the-Market phase.

Doesn't that cause a tile shortage? Player A has to reveal another tile (#23.) Players B-D will do the same on their turns (tiles #24-26.) So what do you use for the "1 More Round"?

I've never had it happen, and I know my brain is just making trouble because I'm going to teach this to people at a convention, and something embarrassing is bound to happen, but can someone unconfuse me?

[Edit: Just noticed the previous date; not much of a reviv. Herbert West is safe.]

[Re-edit: Never mind, found this thread.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls