Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
d Michel
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So the dragon was in the forest ring and when his movement was rolled it came up as move backward and breath fire. I suppose he could have breathed fire even though he couldn't move backwards but since he should have moved backwards and didn't we penalized him to our advantage and didn't let him breath fire either. Is there an actual rule for what should have happened in this situation?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Klein
United States
Minnetonka
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I couldn't find anything definitive in the rules or FAQ. The rules for The Wizard's Tower say on page 13 that "The Dragon does not breathe fire if it is stopped from moving by a card" (emphasis mine). Since it specifically calls that out, but not when he can't move back, I'd let him breathe. The chart for movement also lists an entry of "No movement. Breathe fire." on a 3.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darin Bolyard
United States
Oak Grove
Missouri
flag msg tools
But God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
badge
In your world, I have another name. You must learn to know me by it. That was the very reason why you were brought to Narnia, that by knowing me here for a little, you may know me better there.
mbmbmbmbmb
BradLanica wrote:
I couldn't find anything definitive in the rules or FAQ. The rules for The Wizard's Tower say on page 13 that "The Dragon does not breathe fire if it is stopped from moving by a card" (emphasis mine). Since it specifically calls that out, but not when he can't move back, I'd let him breathe. The chart for movement also lists an entry of "No movement. Breathe fire." on a 3.

Perhaps it could have been clearer, but the fact that the above line was added to the rules seems to indicate that that is the only thing that would prevent the dragon from breathing fire aside from being in the castle ring.

We've had the dragon turn up in only one game so far, and it appeared in an arc which had no wall nor tower, and the opposite wall and tower were gone as well. It's movement went forward and backward breathing fire without effect through the two empty arcs for 3 or 4 turns. We then drew a colored fireball to hit it with and focused our attention on more pressing monsters. In the end, we only spent one hit card on it. It hardly felt like a threat at all, aside from being a monster on the board that we needed to eliminate to win.

The movement/action chart for the dragon indicates two outcomes--first movement, then breathe fire. It makes sense that both should be resolved if possible. Otherwise, it would make for a pretty lame "megaboss".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.