Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Kessler
United States
Long Island City
New York
flag msg tools
mbmb
Current ELO - like ranking seems inappropriate for deck-building, luck (partially) based games such as A:NR as what is being compared isn't only one's skill playing the game but one's choice of deck (if it's just netdecked for instance) or their deck construction ability as well.

Have their been any rating/ranking systems developed that account for the "strength" of one's deck in comparison to the opponent's and that will incorporate those values into the calculation of the change in ranking when two individuals play against each other?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
arnaud roussel
Canada
st Leonard
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmb
How would you mathematically compare one deck strength to another ?

A strong deck should by definition simply win more often than a weaker deck at equal skills and therefore on average the ELO system should negate luck and slowly rank the better combination of skill+deck_building higher.
If the system used is too volatile then diminish the volatile constant in the ELO formula.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brodee ee
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
if you don't want people playing netdecks, you could give points for weird achievements.

like score 10 agenda points in one game and still win.
win by decking the corp.
you could probably come up with some better ones.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Espinosa
United States
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I had a blast playing in the achievement league in Las Vegas. It levels the playing field a bit more. I only started playing in October during the Plugged in Tour and managed to win the league that just recently wrapped up. There were other players in the league who were far more skilled players and deckbuilders than I am but I pulled it off by playing a lot of games and focusing on some of the higher point achievements.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Kayati
United States
Worthington
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rediknight wrote:
I had a blast playing in the achievement league in Las Vegas. It levels the playing field a bit more. I only started playing in October during the Plugged in Tour and managed to win the league that just recently wrapped up. There were other players in the league who were far more skilled players and deckbuilders than I am but I pulled it off by playing a lot of games and focusing on some of the higher point achievements.

I've started running an Achievement League in Columbus based almost entirely on the one in Vegas. Everyone has been enjoying creating different decks and exploring the games many under used cards to score points in the league.

Highly recommended and more fun that hyper competitive ANR.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Keys
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
Interrupt.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jkayati wrote:
Rediknight wrote:

I've started running an Achievement League in Columbus based almost entirely on the one in Vegas. Everyone has been enjoying creating different decks and exploring the games many under used cards to score points in the league.

Highly recommended and more fun that hyper competitive ANR.

Is there a list of achievements somewhere from that league in Vegas? There has been some interest locally for something like this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Kayati
United States
Worthington
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/1100257/netrunner-achiev...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls