Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Carl Frodge
United States
Plantation
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So I just came up with this simple little dice game, somewhat inspired by Liar's Dice. I haven't done any actual testing yet.

Number of Players:
4+ (not sure if it would work well with less than 4, but it might)

What you need to play:
1.Dice: There should be a different color die for each player (so in a 4 player game, there should be 4 different colors of dice, say green, white, red, and black.) You also need 1 of each color die times the number of players (so in a 4 player game, you'd need 4 green, 4 red, 4 white, and 4 black).

2.Cups: You need cups equal to the number of players (4 players, 4 cups).

Set-up:
1.Give each player one cup.
2.Give each player one die of each color. (ex: 1 green, 1 red, 1 white, 1 black)
3.Players should put all of their dice inside their cup.

Gameplay:
At the beginning of the game, all players shake their cup and then flip it face-down onto the table (similar to Liar's Dice). After all players do this, they should take their cup off of their dice and set their cups aside. Then, without changing the face-up side of any dice, move any dice that ended up on top of other dice onto the table.
(NOTE: If a player has all the same number face-up on their dice after lifting up their cup, they must re-roll all of their dice.)
Then players take turns as follows:

-The first player is the player who most recently played Liar's Dice.
On a players turn they can do none, one, or both of the following in whatever order they choose:
1.Re-roll: The player chooses one of their dice and re-rolls it.
2.Swap: The player chooses an opponents die that is either the same color or has the same face-up number as one of their dice and swaps them. (Be sure to keep the same number when swapping).
After a player is done with their turn, the player to their left takes their turn. This continues until someone wins the game.

(NOTE: A player is not allowed to swap with the last player who swapped with them)

Winning the game:
A player wins the game when one of these two things happens:
1.All of their dice have the same number face-up.
2.All of their dice are the same color.

----------------------

Concerns:
•I'm afraid the game might take too long, so if anyone has an idea of how to make it end quicker or speed it up, that would be appreciated.
•It just might not be fun. If this is the case, any suggestions on how to make it (more) fun would also be appreciated.

Thoughts? Ideas? Questions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 Lucky Texan
United States
Arlington
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
seems unfit for 2 people as presented because of the swapping rule.

Seems like strategy would definitely change as the number of colors approach 6. That is, with fewer players, going for all the same color may be a better strategy than going for re-rolls. With more players, re-rolls might be the more attractive strategy.

just needs to be playtested. I bet you'd discover early if it has merit. I don't think there's much chance for AP so, it probably will play quickly enough.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Frodge
United States
Plantation
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1 Lucky Texan wrote:
seems unfit for 2 people as presented because of the swapping rule.

It wasn't presented as for 2 people, it was presented for 4 or more people.

Quote:
Seems like strategy would definitely change as the number of colors approach 6. That is, with fewer players, going for all the same color may be a better strategy than going for re-rolls. With more players, re-rolls might be the more attractive strategy.

just needs to be playtested. I bet you'd discover early if it has merit. I don't think there's much chance for AP so, it probably will play quickly enough.

Yeah, I'm gonna try to playtest it soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.