Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
J B
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Tried this game out with a friend recently and we ran into something we weren't sure of. Game can be a bit tricky for new players I think...

Can a unit with no attack icons (ie no blaster, tactics, or explosion symbols) still be declared as an attacker solely to get the unopposed bonus? Even though that unit can't possibly do damage in any other way and is merely for support or actions/events? Or does the possibility of doing damage without that bonus have to exist in order to declare it as an attacker?

Specifically the case came up with the Repair Droid, but I'm thinking there are other cases where the issue would arise.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Kimball
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You can attack with any unit, even if it has no icons (as long as it is a normally legal attacker, ie unfocused and nothing like The Rebel Fleet stopping it). But that's the best feeling: blowing up an objective with R2-D2.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J B
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Awesome, thanks!

Another question while I've got ya.

Can a damage prevention ability like the repair droid's be activated while damage is assigned to prevent the wound to a ship? Or does the wound resolve, destroying the ship, before that ability could be used?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Brennan
Australia
St Ives, Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If it were an interrupt it might be able to, but Repair Droid's ability is an action. Actions can only be initiated in an action window (see the flowchart at the back of the rules as to when they occur). There's no action window in the middle of a strike (only before or after), so no, Repair Droid doesn't get a shot at it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.