Greg Taylor
United States
Bellevue
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Hello all,

I will be importing a copy of Machi Koro and expansion (Plus) to the US, thanks to the excellent help of Mandy in Japan.

She has informed me that the shipping cost for a single set (base+exp) will run about 2800 yen (which is about $28 USD at the moment) for shipping, and importing two copies would cost 3600jpy ($36 USD). Seeing those numbers, it does seem like importing a few copies as a group and then reshipping them around the USA locally might be cheaper (and easier for one generous BGG-er in Japan) than importing them each individually.

So... does anyone else want to join with me for a group order of the Japanese language edition of Machi Koro and Machi Koro Plus, to the USA?

Some other costs (Machi Koro is 3600jpy, and Machi Koro Plus is 1850jpy), Mandy also asks for a small finders fee for her time and effort.

So it's not the cheapest solution. If you want a cheap copy, probably best to wait for a stateside publisher to pick it up (nearly certain to happen). But if you want the Japanese version soonish, maybe we can save some money by shipping together!

I am in Seattle, so if if near here, then we could do it without paying for stateside reshipping.

Let me know if you are interested.

Thanks
--gt

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Reed
United States
Jackson
Missouri
flag msg tools
I'm BullTaco and I approved this message.
badge
Mess with the Bull.....
mbmbmbmb
I would be interested...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Murphy
Australia
Pyrmont
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Several of the Japanese stores might export things more simply.

B>

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James McKane
United States
Norfolk
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I would be interested.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gray Tooth

Royal Oak
Michigan
msg tools
mbmbmb
I would be interested also

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Baxter
United States
Denham Springs
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would be interested as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Taylor
United States
Bellevue
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
I'm aborting this effort. The best price I could get it down to was ~$85 USD per person and enough people dropped out with sticker shock that it wasn't worth it.

I will be importing my own copy via a forwarding service (waiting for a quote from whiterabbitexpress) or my mother-in-law.

Good luck getting your hands on a copy. The US version is no-doubt in the works, given that it's already been picked up in France, I think it's just a matter of time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mercedes (Mandy)
Japan
Setagaya-ku
Tokyo
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Tokyo Game Market here I come!
badge
Sorry if I'm slow in reading mails. I'm currently working hard on some Alley Thieves
mbmbmbmbmb
I have 1 last copy of Machi Koro & Macho Koro Plus the expansion, it is the Japanese version so if anyone is interested please drop me a geekmail.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wesley Swingley
United States
DeKalb
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hey Mandy,
I'll be headed to Japan myself in July, and if the US version isn't out yet I plan to buy a Japanese version, so I have a question for you: which shops sell Machi Koro? I don't see it on the Yodobashi or Bic websites, or even Amazon.jp (though I wouldn't have time to arrange that)... So I'm curious if I have to track it down in a game/toy shop like Mandarake or something of the sort?

Thanks for the help!
Wes

EDIT: As an FYI, I'll be headed to Nara, so not likely to find much there, but Osaka is nearby so...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Bollom
Japan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wswingley wrote:
EDIT: As an FYI, I'll be headed to Nara, so not likely to find much there, but Osaka is nearby so...
I don't know if this will help, but I asked about Osaka game shops in the Japan Forum a few weeks ago. My day ended up being very busy, so I wasn't able to check them out, but it might at least give you a starting point on a couple of places to look:
http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1141477/any-good-game-shops-...
Good luck and enjoy your trip!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mercedes (Mandy)
Japan
Setagaya-ku
Tokyo
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Tokyo Game Market here I come!
badge
Sorry if I'm slow in reading mails. I'm currently working hard on some Alley Thieves
mbmbmbmbmb
bwbollom wrote:
wswingley wrote:
I don't know if this will help, but I asked about Osaka game shops in the Japan Forum a few weeks ago. My day ended up being very busy, so I wasn't able to check them out, but it might at least give you a starting point on a couple of places to look:
http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1141477/any-good-game-shops-...
Good luck and enjoy your trip!

Ooh Brandon's link looks like the way to go So sorry, I'm not sure about stores near Osaka.

You can order online from Sugorokuya in Koenji, it's all the way in Tokyo, but they ship all over Japan, they have most of the Japanese games I like including Machi Koro. Also you can order from the Grounding website & other publishers websites some Japanese games aren't sold in regular game stores like the newer self published games , so I sometimes go directly to the publisher's website or Amazon Japan. (you can drop me a mail if you're looking for a harder to find Japanese game and I'll try hunt down where you can get a copy)

If you find that you're not near a stores here's a link of some online stores in Japan:
JIGG Secret Santa 2013 - LET the Santa-ring begin! Get your gifts in by Dec 14th
Some stores are online only and most stores ship all over Japan and the shipping here is pretty fast, usually it takes 1-2 days, and some do COD (+300yen or so) which I prefer as they still use a lot of bank transfers here and it takes me about 5 mins to work out the ATM hehe. If you get stuck on their website you can give me a shout
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wesley Swingley
United States
DeKalb
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
THANKS Mandy and Brandon! That Kiwi shop looks like it might have it, or at least they have it to rent in store. I'll definitely have to dig around before I go and definitely drop by one or both of those shops if I get to Osaka. Mandy, I agree about the COD thing, when my wife and I lived there we were completely baffled by their bizzarro bank card system. But they make up for it purely based on the ability to pay your utility bill (or that package COD) at a convenience store! Genius!

Anyway, thanks again guys for both your help and offer of future help. I'm really hoping the publishers kick butt and get this game out before my trip, but if not I'll be ready to track a copy down!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Bollom
Japan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No problem! Good luck on your search and enjoy the trip! If there's anything else I can do, feel free to ask.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls