Kevin Rambo

Virginia Beach
Virginia
msg tools
This is driving my group crazy. The book states the rules as this ....

Utility Powers
Utility powers are special maneuvers that don’t actively attack
Monsters but instead provide other advantages. These advantages include a specialized move or the ability to counter a Monster’s attack. Many of these powers don’t require an attack action to use, instead specifying when to use the ability. Unless the card states otherwise, when you use a Utility power, you flip it over and cannot use it again until some other effect (usually a Treasure Card) allows you to flip it back up.

We get confused on the "Unless the card states otherwise, when you use a Utility power, you flip it over and cannot use it again until some other effect (usually a Treasure Card) allows you to flip it back up.. Some utility and the stance cards say to flip card after use. But, others don't say to flip it, and also fail to state that you don't have to flip it after use.

For example, Drizzt's "Dancing Serpent Stance Card" doesn't say you have to flip it over or that you ever have to remove the stance token.

So they never state on the card that you don't have to flip it and can use it over and over. Why would i ever remove that stance token off that card for drizzt then?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Stewart
Canada
Burnaby
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't have the cards in front of me but my understanding is that you can have multiple stance cards so maybe you want to change your stance from Dancing Serpent to something else. Isn't Twinkle a stance card?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Rambo

Virginia Beach
Virginia
msg tools
EverywhereGames wrote:
I don't have the cards in front of me but my understanding is that you can have multiple stance cards so maybe you want to change your stance from Dancing Serpent to something else. Isn't Twinkle a stance card?

Thanks for reply ....
Yes it is a stance card, but whole point ot my post is that Dancing Serpent is a utility power. It doesn't say to flip when done, and it doesn't say not to. So the rule is confusing. Can i use the stance card every round? Why would one not keep the stance card for the entire game? any of the stance cards that don't say to flip over

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Uwe Heilmann
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hi from Germany,

try this link.
http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/975924/wow-rules-rant-just-s...

If you still have questions, no problem.

Cheers
U.L.H.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Rambo

Virginia Beach
Virginia
msg tools
tuner 13 wrote:
Hi from Germany,

try this link.
http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/975924/wow-rules-rant-just-s...

If you still have questions, no problem.

Cheers
U.L.H.

THANKS!!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls