Popular Tags: [View All]
Joshua Eastman
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
How many free actions can a player take per ship per turn?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erin OConnor
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
What is your favorite color?
mbmbmbmbmb
As many as are available.

So Picard lets you perform a free action from his card.
If you are using the Strike Force admirals order then you could use the free action from that as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Schmidt
United States
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I don't believe there is a limit. However, you can't take multiples of the same action (Scan, Battle Stations, Cloak). You can only take one non-action bar action unless the source granting an extra action specifies that you can (or it does not specify that it must be an action bar action). Target Lock and Sensor Echo are a bit more vague - I'm not sure if you can't take multiples of these but a second Target Lock would overwrite the first (you can't Target Lock multiple ships simultaneously with the same ship).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
charles skrobis
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Depends how much you're willing to spend for actions. Cause piccard on the excelsior, federation flagship, with strike force, can take every action on the action bar before ship actions even happen, and that's without adding in free action crew that discard like McCoy.

Unless your more looking for how many of the same tokens you can get, because scan action, romulan pilot, and then disobey orders to turn a different token into a scan, can triple scan for a round, and apply the minus 1 defense die per as well as scan effects.

Really depends what kind of nonsense you're trying to pull, and how much you're willing to invest into making it happen.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Eastman
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, guys! Really just looking to clarify free actions in general. This answers my question.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
charles_skrobis wrote:

Unless your more looking for how many of the same tokens you can get, because scan action, romulan pilot, and then disobey orders to turn a different token into a scan, can triple scan for a round, and apply the minus 1 defense die per as well as scan effects.

They are only at -1 defence dice if there is a scan token, not per token... Right?

Multiples have no effect.

I was wrong FAQ says -1 per token

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Hare
msg tools
To add a point or two

1) There is no limit on the number of free actions
2) You cannot perform the same action twice per turn on one ship
3) There are certain cards that allow you to place tokens that are not free actions. Romulan pilot or Alexander would be examples.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls