Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
Love my Oilers!
badge
I miss my boy :(
mbmbmbmbmb
Can you decide to only add certain troop types from a unit for a combined fire?

For example, if a unit has a machine gun ranged 5, and 2 normal infantry, can just the MG be used to assist an attacking unit in an adjacent hex? The reg infantry would be out of range lets say. Or does every troop type in the assisting unit have to meet all the requirements, ie: range.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray
Thailand
Bangkok
Bangkok
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Longbombed wrote:
Can you decide to only add certain troop types from a unit for a combined fire?

For example, if a unit has a machine gun ranged 5, and 2 normal infantry, can just the MG be used to assist an attacking unit in an adjacent hex? The reg infantry would be out of range lets say. Or does every troop type in the assisting unit have to meet all the requirements, ie: range.

Yes, just the MG can fire while the infantry hold their fire. If the regular inf are out of range, then they have to hold their fire.

Actually, this was covered in the RCD. Have a look as it might be helpful for future questions.

link below:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/filepage/55401/rules-clarificat...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hal Martin
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
Love my Oilers!
badge
I miss my boy :(
mbmbmbmbmb
Ywa, I have that already printed off and with my rule book. I must have missed it, but thanks so much for the reply!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Robertson
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
Keep in mind, however, unless you are just firing the MG in Op Fire, assisting in the combined attack, even with just one figure, still fatigues the entire squad.

Craig
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls