Chris Linneman
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Since there are only two extra encounter tokens beyond what starts on the board are you meant to return removed tokens or do you create a discard pile and then reshuffle once the "deck" is exhausted? And when new tokens are added to a space, do you randomize them or reveal them in the order they were placed?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marion
msg tools
Take it easy baby, take it as it comes ... (The Doors)
badge
Enjoy Life! Just do it!
mb
When you are supposed to put an encounter token on the sea-space with the ship on it, you first use the two leftover tokens.
If you don´t have leftovers you use the ones which had been discarded, reshuffled and randomly drawn, face down.
If there are absolutely no tokens to put on, ignore the instruction.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S. R.
Germany
Mainz
Rheinland-Pfalz
flag msg tools
It's a fearful thing, to fall into the Hands of the Living God!
badge
Tell me, have you found the Yellow Sign?
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting.
I got the answer that they are not reused, and you ignore the effect, if you have none left.

Will have to recheck with Lukasz...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Linneman
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dumon wrote:
Interesting.
I got the answer that they are not reused, and you ignore the effect, if you have none left.

That is an odd conclusion to reach, given that there are three event cards that call for extra tokens, at least one token that calls for an extra token and only two surplus tokens beyond what starts on the board.

Would make the scenario a lot easier, though. So would remembering you're allowed to eat your rare beasts when you start running out of food!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
François Mahieu
Belgium
Rhode-Saint-Genèse
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
QBert80 wrote:
Dumon wrote:
Interesting.

That is an odd conclusion to reach, given that there are three event cards that call for extra tokens, at least one token that calls for an extra token and only two surplus tokens beyond what starts on the board.

Would make the scenario a lot easier, though. So would remembering you're allowed to eat your rare beasts when you start running out of food!

1) And is it allowed to convert rare beasts and/or plants into weapons as well? (See scenario 2)

2) Just to be sure... You only reveal a singel encounter token each turn, during the event phase (if available). THERE'S ABSOLUTELY NO OTHER WAY TO REVEAL ENCOUNTER TOKENS, right? The Exploration action only allows to get rid of revealed tokens, right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marion
msg tools
badge
Enjoy Life! Just do it!
mb
poifpoif wrote:
QBert80 wrote:
Dumon wrote:
Interesting.

1) And is it allowed to convert rare beasts and/or plants into weapons as well? (See scenario 2)

2) Just to be sure... You only reveal a singel encounter token each turn, during the event phase (if available). THERE'S ABSOLUTELY NO OTHER WAY TO REVEAL ENCOUNTER TOKENS, right? The Exploration action only allows to get rid of revealed tokens, right?

1) You can convert beasts into food and plants into weapons.
(especially when you become aware that you will lose barrels in the next event phase because of critical damage of the main hold)

2) Yes. Sometimes you find yourself in a doomloop, because you constantly get encounter tokens on the ship´s space, it happenend that I was stuck for 5(!) rounds on the same space and it´s impossible to manage the scenario.

Look here for suggestions to make it easier:

scenario 3, 2 players feasability?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
François Mahieu
Belgium
Rhode-Saint-Genèse
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thumbsup

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dr. snowMan
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm necro-ing this thread because I had the same question. The scenario book (the ring-bound one) actually says that "Encounter tokens are removed from the game after being resolved". In other games this unambiguously means they are not put in a discard pile, they are really gone.

But since there are only 2 left after setup and at least 4 ways to add new ones, I am torn. I think I'm going with the 'remove from game' and only adding the first 2 that I'm told to.

(mechanically I'm ok with this: having 4 ways to add 2 things just means it's very likely you do add those 2, but you also won't see more than 2)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joffrey N.
France
Lyon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DsnowMan wrote:
I'm necro-ing this thread because I had the same question. The scenario book (the ring-bound one) actually says that "Encounter tokens are removed from the game after being resolved". In other games this unambiguously means they are not put in a discard pile, they are really gone.

But since there are only 2 left after setup and at least 4 ways to add new ones, I am torn. I think I'm going with the 'remove from game' and only adding the first 2 that I'm told to.

(mechanically I'm ok with this: having 4 ways to add 2 things just means it's very likely you do add those 2, but you also won't see more than 2)
Diving into the Scenario 3 rules right now, Im asking myself the same question.

Dumon, were you able to check with Lukasz ?

Marion, Robert, what were the conditions about discarded encounter tokens during the testing ?
Because I checked, its written on the scenario book that "encounter tokens are removed from the game after being resolved" (emphasis mine), and consequently, imo would not be able to be re-used to put onto the board

That's maybe why everybody find this scenario so hard !?

Thanks for your help

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marion
msg tools
badge
Enjoy Life! Just do it!
mb
I'm wondering...
In my rulebook and scenario book it doesn't say anywhere that the encounter tokens are removed from the game, only that they are removed.
(I have the Portal Games edition)
In the german rules from Pegasus it excplicitly says they are removed and put back into the supply !

I don't remember exactly anymore how everything came about during playtesting, only that Ignacy made it tougher and tougher all the time.

So that the removed encounter-tokens are put back into the supply would make sense here, according to Ignacy's philosophy laugh

But then, if your rules say to remove them from the game, then do it!
Will spare you a lot of trouble.

It can also be seen as one more possibility to make this scenario a bit easier.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joffrey N.
France
Lyon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
maho wrote:
I'm wondering...
In my rulebook and scenario book it doesn't say anywhere that the encounter tokens are removed from the game, only that they are removed.
(I have the Portal Games edition)
In the german rules from Pegasus it excplicitly says they are removed and put back into the supply !
So that the removed encounter-tokens are put back into the supply would make sense here, according to Ignacy's philosophy laugh
If both Portal and Pegasus have the same instruction, then I guess it's the french version of scenario book that is missworded. Should have probably written "removed from the board" instead of "the game". I havnt checked the french rulebook yet but my guess is it will be same as english one, and just reads "When exploration action is successful, encounter token is removed" (will edit my post if it says otherwise). That is weird.

Quote:
But then, if your rules say to remove them from the game, then do it!
Will spare you a lot of trouble.
It can also be seen as one more possibility to make this scenario a bit easier.
Although it's indeed a good way to make it easier, I probably won't play it that way because it was not designed to be played that way.
So far, this scenario looks fantastic to me, I may change my mind when I will get to it laugh but would prefer to play it the "good" or rather the "designer's" way.

Thanks for the informations
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls