Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chema
Spain
León
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
pirtrom wrote:
Back in the day when I used to go to Games workshop to play games one night they had battle masters out and they had a small hand of cards and if I remember correctly were allowed to play up to 2 but only got 1 back each turn. I remember a guy at GW saying that's the way most people play it so I guess it was a GW house rule and that makes it very very similar to C&C.(...)

This was in 1993 just after games workshop games day at Birmingham. The decks were split and it played much like C&C. this was 7 years before Battle Cry came out.

More or less, these variant rules could be something like this:

- Decks are split.
- Each player starts with 3 cards.
- Alternative turns. In her turn, the player can play 1 or 2 cards. The player must play 1 card whenever possible.
- At the end of the turn, the player picks only 1 card.

A big thanks to Pirtrom for posting this!! thumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Riddle

Oklahoma
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
that definitely gives you an option of who to send forth
I like it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Pietrocupo
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just had an idea using inspiration from twilight struggle and Confrontation.

With a hand of 3 cards on a single mixed deck, You could either have:

Method A (Confrontation): If you draw your card you can add it to your hand and play a card from your hand. If you draw an opponent card, you must play it immediately (your opponent move his units).

Method B (Twilight Struggle): You play 1 card and draw 1 card. If you play an opponent card, your opponent moves his unit.

-------------------------------------

One of the bug I had with BM was due to the bad stacking of cards. I had a situation where the first 30 cards had only 6 imperial cards. I got completely annihilated.

The first way to avoid this is to have seperate deck of cards, and optionally chose a card in hand to play.

But I was wondering if there was other option. Method A does not gives much option except being able to time your cards more carefully.

Method B allow you to waste your opponent's card in a situation where he cannot take advantage of it.

Still a 6/30 stacking can still be deadly whatever the method.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emiel Ament
Netherlands
Groningen
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Wouldn't this mess up the game balance? As there are more 'Chaos army' cards in the deck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Pietrocupo
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
An early variant I designed counter balanced this by adding:

Reciprocal attacks (defender counter attacks, which favor imperial)

HP = nb Miniature: The HP of a unit is equal to the nb of miniatures. Which increase the total HP of the chaos army.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls