Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster» Forums » General

Subject: Barker Zosa metal and plastic rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tom Debiec
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I have picked up a metal barker Zosa from e-bay to have 2 of them with di8fferent weapons configurations, but to my suprise the metal one is about a head taller and much broader.
I know there is shrinkage during production but come on. As is the metal Barker is unusable for me because it is completly out of scale.
can anyone sdvice if that is the case with all metal models?

Thank you

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Flux
United Kingdom
Cropwell Bishop
Nottinghamshire
flag msg tools
badge
Tally Ho!
mbmbmb
Are you sure your not just holding him closer to you?

But seriously, you might want to ask on the Studio McVey forums there is a bit of chat about relative mini sizes
http://studiomcvey.com/forums/index.php?/topic/1404-metal-mi...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Debiec
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hi
Thanks for your comment

No the bastard is about 3mm taller now i'm worried cos i have ordered more metal minis and if the scale is so out of whack then i would have to replace all of them but thats sooooooooooooo expensive.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Cox
Japan
Tokyo
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I thought they changed scale after the boxed game was out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Rose
United States
Aiken
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For fun, compare the one in the power suit/Aphid Loader. Even in the same plastic material Barker magically shrinks when he puts on the Aphid Loader suit.

shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Ry
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jakecarol wrote:
For fun, compare the one in the power suit/Aphid Loader. Even in the same plastic material Barker magically shrinks when he puts on the Aphid Loader suit.

shake

Exactly.
And that's the problem.
It's not that the metal mini is out now scale.
It's that the scaling of the oplastic minis is botched all to hell.

There were so many issues with the size variations that some people won't use the models at all.
Especially the promos. The size issues there are just flat out ridiculous.

I even tried to return my promos and get a refund and was flat out denied.

And let's not start with the rules and misprint issues.

Because of the issues with it I am no longer supporting Sedition Wars or Studio McVey.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Debiec
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hi

Can you tell me if this is the problem with all metal minis that they are too big or as you said the plastics are too small.
The barker guy is really a glaring difference i mean come on his a head taller.
I'm trying to stick with it because the minis look good and the theme is great but its so hard when at every turn there is a f..k up

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julien Le Jeune
Belgium
Namur
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
akagi6 wrote:
Hi

Can you tell me if this is the problem with all metal minis that they are too big or as you said the plastics are too small.
The barker guy is really a glaring difference i mean come on his a head taller.
I'm trying to stick with it because the minis look good and the theme is great but its so hard when at every turn there is a f..k up

Maybe you've got particularly small plastic minis. My cousin and I don't have the same miniatures, I got slightly bigger ones and his are ridiculously small. He tried to get a refund to no avail. I was one of the last to receive my package (as they managed to forget all of Belgium and Denmark backers....). My cousin lives in Quebec and received his very early, so I suspect they changed something in the process.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Debiec
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hi

It is suprising that such a renowned company would relise such inferior product, i mean i love the minis detail is great but the difference in size is worring.
I had in mind to purchase a lot of the metel and resin minis to complement the boxed game have different squads of the marines more strain creatures but now i don't know, you buy a metal mini for $20.00 or more anly to find out that size wise it is an older brother to your plastic miniature.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls