BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » General Gaming

Subject: PSYCHIC DEMON PLANT... things. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dylan Pedersen
United States
California
flag msg tools
So, this is my first post here, and I'm frankly unsure if this is the right board for it; if so, please gently shove me towards the correct forum.

Several years ago, on a completely unrelated forum, somebody posted pictures of an old board game (looked like something out of the 80s, or 90s). It was a hex-based sort of strategy board game wherein each player was an immense (demonic?) megaflora, a tree-creature the size of a small city if I recall correctly, from an alternate dimension where the air was superlatively toxic, who controlled an army of smaller tree-beasts psychically. The board was in several (large, hexagonal) pieces, and the game contained at least scores, if not hundreds, of individual cut-out pieces.

Does anyone have the vaguest, faintest idea what game I'm talking about? I have no idea what kind of search functions I'd even use to look for this (as I only barely recall that it was a sort of strategy game with, perhaps, a deck of cards?); it was the thematics that jumped out at me when I ran across it, and I remember very little about the mechanics. I have a sneaking suspicion it is a uselessly bad game, but my burning curiosity compels me. If anyone has even a notion or a clue what I'm talking about, the slightest hint would be lovely. Thanks again for your time!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Kotzin
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Don't worry! 'Identify-this-game' forums are all around BGG.Unfortunately, I don't know this game. Oh, and, welcome to the Geek!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Browes
United Kingdom
Surbiton
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm pretty sure it must be this: Battle of the Halji

I am also intrigued by this game, sounds like a real one off!

P.S. Welcome to BGG!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dylan Pedersen
United States
California
flag msg tools
Yes! That is exactly what I was looking for! Thank you so much. I really appreciate it, and the welcome too! Great way to get started here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls