Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dylan Thurston
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Some more probably obvious questions about Gaspar's Clones.

Who is "you" when their bases are being executed? Specifically, suppose Gaspar antes Bladestorm for a clone. Which clauses take effect? If Gaspar antes Strike for a clone, does the Stun Guard have any effect?

For the clause in his UA about attacks with range or power of N/A, does that apply to a Dash for a clone? (The answer should be "no", I think.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sascha Parsa
Germany
flag msg tools
It's better
badge
if you can do without
mbmbmb
"You" would refer to the Clone executing the base. This matters for example for an Almighty Gaspar that uses Ex Bases for his Clones (Slide).
It does not matter with Bladestorm though, as Clones never execute attack pairs (only single bases). The passive effect would never be in effect for clones (which is intentional). The On Hit effect however works for Clones exactly as for Gaspar.
Stun Guard on Strike has no effect whatsoever if Clones are executing it (as Stun Guard only matters for getting stunned out of an activation or character specific stuff that does not apply to tokens).

Clones are not refered by "Gaspar" and thus them using Dash does not cause all anted bases to be returned.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dylan Thurston
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Phyr wrote:
Clones are not refered by "Gaspar" and thus them using Dash does not cause all anted bases to be returned.
Thanks! Your earlier answer implies that if a clone moved past an opponent with a Dash, it would activate, but be pointless, since the opponent would never hit the clone anyway.

Isn't Slide an Almighty base, not an EX base? (I don't have those cards in front of me.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sascha Parsa
Germany
flag msg tools
It's better
badge
if you can do without
mbmbmb
You comment about Dash is correct and I specificly looked up the Ex bases to see if there are other references of "you" on bases that can be used with Clones.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls