14 Posts

King of Tokyo» Forums » General

Subject: how do I store my king of tokyo base + 2 expansions? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gio Sarmiento
Philippines
flag msg tools
I plan to get all three this April, during my visit to the US. but I want to use the least space possible in my luggage, so that i can bring other stuff back home, also to make it easier to bring to my friends' places.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Louis Brenton
United States
Brighton
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you're willing to throw away the insert in the main King of Tokyo box, you'll have plenty of room for the contents of the expansions. If you intend to store them at home all in one box, that insert won't help you anyway.

If you wanted to store all main game + 2 expansions all in the main box at home, I'd recommend the custom box insert made by www.thebrokentoken.com. I have it & I'm really pleased with it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gio Sarmiento
Philippines
flag msg tools
thank you for the quick reply but i was hoping not to spend any money on dividers. are there templates that i can print and cut onto some card board?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trueflight Silverwing
United States
Waverly
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I tossed the insert in the original box. I keep all the tokens, cubes, and dice in a small plastic Plano tray and everything first just fine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Lampinen
Finland
Espoo
none
flag msg tools
(and a hermit)
badge
Fan of FUN games!
mbmbmb
First expansion fits into the original insert without any modifications (power ups on top of normal cards). Then you'd just need a small bag or something for Halloween.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Compulsive Completist
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
superman829 wrote:
If you're willing to throw away the insert in the main King of Tokyo box, you'll have plenty of room for the contents of the expansions. If you intend to store them at home all in one box, that insert won't help you anyway.

If you wanted to store all main game + 2 expansions all in the main box at home, I'd recommend the custom box insert made by www.thebrokentoken.com. I have it & I'm really pleased with it.
thumbsup

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cornixt
msg tools
badge
Cheap as chips
mbmbmb
I use a few of these for the cards and energy cubes:
http://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/95620/simple-deck-holder

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gio Sarmiento
Philippines
flag msg tools
thanks for the ideas guys, glad to see a forum with very helpful people, also i just found the tuckboxes files, so maybe i'll use those too. or maybe i could get the dimensions of the inside of the box?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alfonso Gomez
Costa Rica
flag msg tools
Hey, you can always just lift the insert, place the expansion's stuff in the button of the box and place back in the insert with all the main game stuff in it!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathew DAmico
msg tools
Make your own foam insert. Plenty of room for Halloween expansion whenever I decide to buy it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Gelb
United States
Los Angeles
CALIFORNIA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
superman829 wrote:

With all due respect, don't ignore this. I just bought this and its AWESOME!

Now if he can just create one for Small World....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gio Sarmiento
Philippines
flag msg tools
I was thinking foam inserts, could I get the dimensions you used for yours?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Nieto
msg tools
mbmbmb
I just pulled out the insert from the main box leave and put all the cards and dice in one of the other boxes, leave the tokens and blocks in the bags they came in, and then throw everything into the main box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls