Firefly: The Game» Forums » Variants

Subject: Story Card: Old Friends and New rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve Osmanski
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
This is a Story Card with a cooperative Goal, although there will be only one Winner.

An example of how the first Goal of this Story Card is supposed to work.

There are four players: A, B, C, and D. Player C goes to Hera and successfully attempts Goal 1, thereby Unlocking the System. To fully complete the Goal, and earn player C a Goal token, another player must now successfully attempt Goal 1 on Brisingamen before Player C's next turn. If someone does, then that player and Player C will both get Goal tokens.

Let's see how it might play out.

When it's Player D's turn, she can't reach Brisingamen, so she goes to Hera, and successfully completes Goal 1. She now becomes the "most recent" person to complete the first half of the Goal, replacing Player C. If someone can successfully attempt the second half of the Goal at Brisingamen before Player D's next turn, then that player and Player D will earn Goal tokens.

Player A goes to Brisingamen and attempts the Goal. Sadly, Player A Botches the attempt. Player A cannot get a Goal token, but has had no other effect on the Goal. If Player A had received a Warrant on his attempt, that result would have Locked the System and nobody could receive a Goal token for this try (someone would have to Unlock the System again to begin another try).

Player B arrives at Brisingamen and successfully attempts the Goal (which places the false identities into the System). Both Player B and Player D earn Goal tokens. Player C and Player A will have to cooperate some more to complete this Goal.

FAQ:

1. Does the Goal have to be attempted first on Hera, and then Brisingamen?

No, it can be attempted in either order; Hera-Brisingamen or Brisingamen-Hera.

2. What if I get a Warrant on my attempt, and I am the first player to attempt the Goal?

The System is Locked until another player successfully attempts the Goal.

3. If the System is Locked, is there any time delay before a Player may attempt the Goal again?

No.

4. If the System is Locked, must the attempt to Unlock it happen at the planet where it was Locked?

No, the System may be Unlocked at either planet.

5. If I Unlock the System, and nobody succeeds in the attempt at the other end before my next gameturn, can I attempt to Unlock the System again on my next gameturn?

Yes, you can repeatedly Unlock the System, turn after turn.

6. Can I deliberately attempt the Goal, hoping to get a Warrant and thereby Lock the System and prevent other players from earning Goal tokens?

Yes, but the same Crew that attempts the Goal is also the same Crew that must pass the Misbehaves first.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yosef Bender

Texas
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
look forward to trying it out

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don D.
msg tools
mbmbmb
Very original idea! I'm also looking forward to trying this out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefka Fox
msg tools
I really enjoyed playing this. Even though I had a very slow start and the other player was really annoyed that he had to wait for me :-) I have lost horribly, but really like the idea!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls