Subject: Mulberry rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Greg Rogers
United States
APO
US Armed Forces - Europe
flag msg tools
If the U.S. is able to get its mulberry in place but the British cannot, does that automatically mean that the U.S. mulberry is in Siege Supply if surrounded by German units. The only way then for U.S. units to free themselves is to bring over new units which would be able to attack since any U.S. units already on the mulberry are Out of Supply. Does that make sense?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emanuele Santandrea
Italy
Milano
MI
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
I love it when a plan comes together!
mbmbmbmbmb
Greg,

this is a really good point to start from.

Basically if I would consider the hypotesis of having only 1 mulberry deployed in France 1944, then it's better to get the lonely mulberry in such a way you can easily conquer at least another major port adjacent, so you dont fall in the siege supply attrition (i.e. placing the mulberry in UTAH/OMAH beach is very good, so Cherbourg will be in Siege supply itself - but completely OOS after Operation Maple special rule).

Units in siege supply are marked as out of supply, and treated as they are OOS, but instead of surrendering at the end of the turn they only lose 1 step, but this is just a weak reward I would not be happy to face, unless I'm playing Germany. whistle

Does it help?

ALL THE BEST

emanuele

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Rogers
United States
APO
US Armed Forces - Europe
flag msg tools
Is Cherbourg on the Atlantic or in the Channel? I was thinking that it wouldn't be OOS if it was considered in the Channel.

If a lone Mulberry is OOS, either Churchill (or Eisenhower if a U.S. Mulberry) could spend 1 AP to put one unit on the Mulberry back into supply. Is that correct?

Greg
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emanuele Santandrea
Italy
Milano
MI
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
I love it when a plan comes together!
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes Greg

Churchill and Ike (after the Casablanca Conference) have this special ability.

The Channel is part of the Atlantic Ocean body of water, even if in the game this special area is marked with the mines icon on west and east border and has special rules (i.e. Operation Maple).

ALL THE BEST

emanuele
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls