Popular Tags: [View All]
Samuel Baney
United States
Wrightwood
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I had purchased this game with great excitement after reading all of the glorious reviews on the Geek. Even though I am a great fan of history, my knowledge base did not extend to the Napoleonic age, specifically from a French perspective. Most of my knowledge had to do with English naval operations. I decided to that to fully appreciate this fine game, I needed some historical context. I found a great resource for that on Youtube. PBS released a four part documentary on Napoleon, and all of it is free to watch on Youtube. I thought it was very well done and very engaging, and gave me a great idea of the historical happenings of the day. Each campaign in the game is given context in the documentary. I sat down and watched them all before I played the game, and I highly recommend it.

Enjoy!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.