2x ash 2x3zb9cy
2x san san city grid
3x eve campaign
1x director haas
3x hedge fund
3x biotic labor
3x shipment from san san
2x green level clearance

I ended up coming in second in the tournament to Phil who is part of the Netrunomicon Podcast. It was a cut to 4 after 3 rounds of swiss. Here is a small breakdown of my games.

Game 1: (NBN/Gabe)
First was HB vs his Gabe. I only drew code gates and his yog had no trouble eating through my deck. HB was giving up agendas like no tomorrow and I started the day with a loss... Not exactly how I wanted to begin the tournament.
Second game Andy came through. I hit an amazing account siphon when he had 6 credits which powered down his unrezed remote (letting me steal a beale that was inside). From there the tide completely turned and I had him with a couple good rnd runs and hq runs with hq interface. My 1 of hq interface did work all day.
So this ended up being a split.

Game 2: (Kate(or maybe Andy? I honestly forget)/HB)
This first game was the most intense game I've ever played. I had the win with an efficiency committee and a shipment from san san but I miss played it and tried to advance it normally (illegal). I was so stunned I had played it wrong I think I clicked for credits and passed completely forgetting what I had been trying to do. He ended up being able to steal the agenda by exactly matching my trace with Ash. We were both at match point when he got a 3 card access from rnd which yielded nothing. Then I knew he had the credits to do it again (with 3 fresh cards from rnd) so I pulled, and got an efficiency committee. I had to use Director Haas, Biotic Labor, and San San to get back my clicks and score it out of hand. We checked and if I hadn't he would have won from an rnd pull.
I don't remember too much about the second game but we were both so wiped out from the 1st I feel like I won pretty easily by his HB deck getting unlucky with agendas on the top of the deck. He almost stabilized but it was too late.
Won both so I'm at 6 points.

Game 3: (Kate/Weyland)
I'd actually just played this player a couple weeks prior so I knew what to expect. I outpaced his Kate for a solid win with HB.
I played a very slow game against his Weyland getting out a few compromised employees to great effect. I eventually won on a rnd access when he had a 3 pointer in a remote (which would have given him the win).
Won both so I'm at 10 giving me 1st seed in the elimination rounds.

Game 4: (same player as game 3)
I won with HB but he managed to score a couple agendas so I was scared of the quick kill. I dominated him in the early game with Andy with a couple great account siphons, forged activations that killed ice each time, and 3 early inside jobs that hit every time (scoring 1 pointers mostly). Eventually I got to 4 which is what I needed to win the elimination match. On to the finals!

Finals: (Noise/HB)
To say I dominated the Noise matchup would not be unfair. I was out to a quick 6-0 lead with little he could do about it. I had the win in hand and just enough credits to do it. He ran rnd and I could have stopped it but I would have lost all my credits. I let him through and he ended up scoring 4 in his last turn. In fairness he was also very unlucky with his virus discards (though he put a hurt on my fast advance milling san sans and biotic labors).
So I need 5 to win and 4 to force a third game. He is getting things out quick and I'm trying to keep pace. I eventually get to 3 and he pushes it to match point. I rnd lock him and see at least 6 cards fresh out of rnd... no agenda. He draws past it and finds the agenda he needs. Last turn I can make a glory run on rnd or try for the hand (I have a hq interface out). He could have made the hq runs difficult or impossible and still have the money to score an agenda so I decide to go for rnd. Two cards... nothing. He scores and wins. There is actually an agenda in the archives but I never saw any of my three datasuckers all game and really had no reason to check the 2-3 unflipped cards in there so it was a great play by him. If I had the datasucker I believe I win this game (as it was only a viper guarding hq and I had yog down) but thats how it goes. He played very well.

Only lost two games all day out of 10 so I'm pretty happy about that. Got my play mat and Phil let me choose the HB box, which was nice. Look forward to playing everyone again at one of the other New England store championships.

MVP card: Compromised Employee

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip von Doomula
United States
Hermon
ME
flag msg tools
"Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination."
badge
I got in everyone's hostile little face. Yes, these are wooden cubes from boardgaming. Yes, I'm comfortable with that. I am enlightened.
mbmbmbmbmb
Patrick, you are the true champion. That last match was probably the most insane two games I have ever played of Netrunner.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allen OConnor
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Glass Bead Board Games
badge
Read my blog
mbmbmbmbmb
30 GG? Wow, that's the biggest tip I've ever seen.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip von Doomula
United States
Hermon
ME
flag msg tools
"Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination."
badge
I got in everyone's hostile little face. Yes, these are wooden cubes from boardgaming. Yes, I'm comfortable with that. I am enlightened.
mbmbmbmbmb
van00uber wrote:
30 GG? Wow, that's the biggest tip I've ever seen.

It's the least I can do.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Maguire
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Wow, I appreciate that, Phil. You were a great opponent and a deserving champ.

Hope we can stage a rematch over at Myriad.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zeb
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
You found me!
badge
Hiss.
mbmbmbmbmb
Excellent tournament, I look forward to losing 4 more games against you this Saturday

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls