Subject: My favourite Carc Strategy with lucky result! (incl. Pictures) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jesse G
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all BGG's!

So lasst night our game group got together and played What's He Building in There? and then we were just about to play suburbia When omeone suggested Carcassone!

So we pulled it out and i had to review a few of the expansions that we were going to being playing with.
1. Carcassone (base set)
2. Traders & Builders
3. Inns & cathederals
4. The king, count and robber exp. (Only the river tiles, king and robber tile)

As we started playing i realized how much i love Carc with the expansions. One player placed the cathedral tile and began to build a large city slowly. One of my favourite strategies is to place a tile and a large meeple so that eventually i can join that large city and "take" the points away. So thats what i did.

The red meeple on the far left of the screen was the initial placement. I placed a large black meeple which eventually connected to the initial city, thereby taking control over it. Then another player (blue) placed a meeple also joining the city.

In the end red had attempted to gain control by placing meeples in the lower right corner, but with the lucky placement of two tiles, the first being a ridiculously perfect tile that cut off reds additional expansion (Yellow Circle) and then when red tried to expand in the south i was also able to pull out this little gem, shutting down reds expansion AGAIN and scoring the points and getting all the banners! ( Red Circle) i effectively axed her out and simply scored and slipt the 81 points! with blue.
Beautiful, just beautiful!

I won the game with 183 points!

It just bring s a tear to my eye… I love you Carcassone!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Drazen
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I get 75 points for that -- it looks like you counted two tiles by section rather than by tile. It's 3 points per tile, not 3 points per segment

Heck of a city though! Best I ever did was a giant game where one player and I teamed up to share a 93 point city (we had no chance of either of us winning if we didn't work together)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse G
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
alexdrazen wrote:
I get 75 points for that -- it looks like you counted two tiles by section rather than by tile. It's 3 points per tile, not 3 points per segment

Yes sir! You are right, thank you for that! 2am is too late to count anything. A common oversight I think. Thanks again!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hubert Figuière
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's a hell of a city you have.

Thumb up