Linus Gustafsson
Sweden
Gothenburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome to A Game of Thrones PBF#166 - The Dragon Prince

The Game

We will be playing a 6 player, 2nd ed. game with no Ravens and no ToB. The House assignments will be random but if players want to switch houses with each other, that is ok.

General Rules
- You must check in at least once a day. I will try to keep up as good as I can (probably several checks each day).

- No Ravens. All plotting must be done in this thread.

- Please use the following format for all posts. It will help make things much easier to follow.
Normal text for discussions, out of character chat, etc.
Italics for in-character chat. It's much more fun if you try to remember that you are lords.
Bold for in game actions that you take.

- We will use the 2nd edition rulebook as well as official errata and FAQs from FFG. If that fails to cover the question, I'll make the final call.

- If a mistake has been made--either by myself or a player, please point it out immediately and we can correct it. I will do my best to resolve these situations as fairly as possible.

Orders and bids

- Geekmail me your orders using this format in the title: AGoT PBF #166 Turn (#) Orders - (House Name).

- For bids: AGoT PBF #146 [IT,Fiefdom,KC,Wildling] Bid - (House Name).

- When sending orders, double check that you have orders assigned to everything.

- Remember to include *'s for starred orders.

- Once your orders have been sent, post as much in the thread to keep everybody else moving.

- Feel free to PM me upcoming orders or conditional orders (i.e. "If Greyjoy takes Moat Cailin on my turn March a FM in Highgarden to The Reach otherwise March a FM in Highgarden to Sea Road Marches" or "I will March on Cracklaw Point unless Baratheon attacks me first"). This may hasten the game.

- Orders and bids sent via Geekmail may be changed until I have received the final order/bid. After that point, they may not be changed.

- Any bold actions posted in the thread may not be changed.

- When marching troops, if you don't explicitly state that you are leaving behind a power token before combat is initiated, I will assume that you do not.

Battle
- Attackers: (1) Declare your march (in bold) in the thread. (2) Post the Initial Strength of each side (army strength + own support). (3) If applicable, call for support from a neighboring house (in the thread). (4) Send in your house card and announce that you have done so in the thread.

- Defenders: When an attack has been declared against you (1) if applicable, call for support from a neighboring house. (2) Wait for the attacker to send in his house card. (3) Post to the thread your own house card selection.

- Resolution: The attacker then posts his previously selected house card and resolves the battle. Alternatively, I'll do this step if I get to the thread before the attacker does. Defenders, double check the attacker's posted Initial Strength before you select your house card. Once the defender has posted their house card in the thread, the attacker may no longer change their house card.

- Regarding the Valyrian Steel Blade: If you have the VSB and have not used it yet this round you may declare your use of the +1 properties of the VSB once you have seen your opponent's final combat strength.
If you are attacking a player who have the VSB, please do not resolve the combat before he/she has declared weather or not the +1 bonus will be used. Feel free to ask about it so that he/she remembers to make the declaration.

- Regarding Support: If you want to support a participant in the battle then you must declare it publicly in the thread before I receive the house card from that player. Alternatively, you can send in a Conditional Order stating your support ahead of time and I will process it at the correct time. Remember, COs can always be overridden if need be by posting in the thread at the appropriate time. Bolded declarations in the posts trump geekmails. If you are seeking support, then do NOT send in your house card until you've secured (or been denied) that support.

The Players

Invited:
- eilertsen
- AJHamada-IN
- Califogia-IN
- rudobrody
- iridium77
- GAstro-IN

Alternates:
- Pamfilu
- Glaucus
- germanboy89
- DrJhivago
- martyb36
- Gebez
- Rataime-IN
- Ydeco-IN
- Yadir-IN

The first round of players invited have 24 hours to respond. After that period, priority will be given to alternates who have responded until we have 6 players.

Respond by posting in this thread.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Kamdal
Sweden
Gothenburg
flag msg tools
I would gladly join this excapade.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Squeeze
msg tools
mbmbmb
Game on.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Earl Grey
France
flag msg tools
Thanks for the invite, i'm in if there's still a spot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ymco
msg tools
mb
Thanks for the invite, would love to join.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael A.
Germany
flag msg tools
I would love to join if there's a place.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Linus Gustafsson
Sweden
Gothenburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
House assignment
So we have our 6 players.

I will assign houses to the players using the dice roll function.
Feel free to trade houses with each other if you are not satisfied.

Once you have been assigned a house, please begin every post by including the corresponding banner shown below (you might want to change the size to medium or they will be quite small). This will make the game easier to follow both for us and for observers.
Also address each other with your house names, you may address me as mod or something similar.

AJHamada 1custom6{Stark;Greyjoy;Lannister;Baratheon;Tyrell;Martell} -> ( Stark) -> ( Stark)
Califogia 1custom5{Greyjoy;Lannister;Baratheon;Tyrell;Martell} -> ( Baratheon) -> ( Baratheon)
GAstro 1custom4{Greyjoy;Lannister;Tyrell;Martell} -> ( Greyjoy) -> ( Greyjoy)
Rataime 1custom3{Lannister;Tyrell;Martell} -> ( Martell) -> ( Martell)
Ydeco 1custom2{Lannister;Tyrell} -> ( Lannister) -> ( Lannister)
Yadir 1custom1{Tyrell} -> ( Tyrell) -> ( Tyrell)

Credits to
Pavel Kornilov
Russia
Syktyvkar
flag msg tools
badge
mb

for creating the banners.

Stark

imageID=1152906
Ahmad Jihad Hamada
msg tools

Lannister

imageID=1152904
Ymco
msg tools
mb

Baratheon

imageID=1152902
Tony Squeeze
msg tools
mbmbmb

Greyjoy

imageID=1152903
Christian Kamdal
Sweden
Gothenburg
flag msg tools

Tyrell

imageID=1152907
Michael A.
Germany
flag msg tools

Martell

imageID=1152905
Earl Grey
France
flag msg tools

I will use the mod banner

Just a reminder: I will now remove you from the waitlist. You can then reenter it at the bottom.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 501228. TblaLinus
  • 1custom6{Stark;Greyjoy;Lannister;Baratheon;Tyrell;Martell} =
  • ( Stark) =
  • ( Stark)
  • AJHamada
  • Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:42 pm
  • [+]
  • 501229. TblaLinus
  • 1custom5{Greyjoy;Lannister;Baratheon;Tyrell;Martell} =
  • ( Baratheon) =
  • ( Baratheon)
  • Califogia
  • Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:44 pm
  • [+]
  • 501230. TblaLinus
  • 1custom4{Greyjoy;Lannister;Tyrell;Martell} =
  • ( Greyjoy) =
  • ( Greyjoy)
  • GAstro
  • Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:45 pm
  • [+]
  • 501232. TblaLinus
  • 1custom3{Lannister;Tyrell;Martell} =
  • ( Martell) =
  • ( Martell)
  • Rataime
  • Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:49 pm
  • [+]
  • 501233. TblaLinus
  • 1custom2{Lannister;Tyrell} =
  • ( Lannister) =
  • ( Lannister)
  • Ydeco
  • Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:50 pm
  • [+]
  • 501234. TblaLinus
  • 1custom1{Tyrell} =
  • ( Tyrell) =
  • ( Tyrell)
  • Yadir
  • Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:51 pm
Linus Gustafsson
Sweden
Gothenburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Turn 1
Planning phase

Initial map

When you are finished trading houses and are satisfied with the initial diplomacy, you can start sending your orders

Just a few friendly reminders:

- In the thread,use:
normal for out of character discussion
italics for in character discussion
bold for game decisions

- Feel free to PM me upcoming orders or conditional orders.

- When you have sent your orders please say so in the thread.

Good luck to all of you and have fun playing

Oh and one more thing:
As some of you might have figured out, this is a game for new players.
If You have any questions, about the map, using the forum or anything else, don't hesitate to ask. You can ask in the thread or send me a PM.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Goat Meal
msg tools
mbmbmb
I got here a day too late but thank you for the invitation and good luck to all players!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael A.
Germany
flag msg tools

Thanks! This is my first game, so i'm very excited.
I'm quite happy with Tyrell, so i dont want to change.

Orders are sent

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ymco
msg tools
mb

Orders sent.

Greetings Lords of Westeros. The passing of our king Robert Baratheon has saddened us all. Yet we must move on to maintain the peace within Westeros. My grandson, King Joffrey Baratheon, True heir to the Iron Throne, will claim his rightful place, but until he comes of age, I, Lord Tywin Lannister, will act in his place as Lord Regent. Ravens have informed me of the coming of winter. I expect every greater and lesser lord to plead fealty to the true King of Westeros, so that we may brace ourselves as one before the long winter.

Signed, Lord Tywin Lannister, Lord of Casterly Rock, Shield of Lannisport, Warden of the West, Lord Regent and Protector of the Realm.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael A.
Germany
flag msg tools

Lord Twyin of House Lannister,
First of all: Forgive my ponderous oaf of a son for supporting the wrong Baratheon. The Iron Throne belongs to your Joffrey.
Even if, i dare say, we both seem to be afflicted with rather soft-headed children, however, those dishonourable rumors are certainly mistaken.
Highgarden proposes to combine our forces. A wedding, I think, would be a good place to start, as young Margaery is in need of a new husband. Your nephew Joffrey, i say, would be an excellent match. Furthermore I propose to send no soldiers into the Searoad Marches, which could only awaken mistrust in this young but strong alliance. We might discuss this next season, when our houses are bound together.

Lady Olenna Tyrell

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ymco
msg tools
mb

Lady Olenna Tyrell
I too believe an alliance bound by marriage would strengthen both our positions and the realm. We will have them wed as soon as possible. I will not however, have my son, the heir to Casterly Rock insulted. As Lord regent, I have relieved him of his duties as a member of the kingsguard. As such we will remove the stain these filthy rumors have made on house Lannister by marrying him to a suitable wife. The King's army will not set foot in the Searoad Marches this season.

Signed, Lord Tywin Lannister, Lord of Casterly Rock, Shield of Lannisport, Warden of the West, Lord Regent and Protector of the Realm.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Kamdal
Sweden
Gothenburg
flag msg tools

Orders sent

This will be very interresting. Let´s see if I can play this house as it should be played. Im a but rusty on the lore.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Squeeze
msg tools
mbmbmb

Lords of Westoros,

With the passing of King Robert Baratheon, our house is saddened, but not broken. We will always pledge our loyalty to the one true king.

May peace & prosperity come to all your houses.

Yours,

Lord Renly Baratheon

Orders Sent

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ymco
msg tools
mb

Lord Balon Greyjoy,

In times of turmoil, starting a new war would not be wise. I recognise however that House Greyjoy aims to expand its territory. I deem it a fair bargain to allow the Greyjoys to conquer the Mallisters at Seagard and house Flint at Flint's Finger on the condition that we find no Greyjoy longships attempting to attack Riverrun. Any threat to The Golden Sound will be dealt with swiftly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Earl Grey
France
flag msg tools

Fantastic, I wanted to try Martell as it is the only house I haven't played with !
Mod, quick question, how are we dealing with harbors when resolving Dark Wings, Dark Word ?

To all the High Lords of Westeros,

Peace and prosperity upon your houses. May the sun keep winter away forever.

Kind regards
Doran Martell,
Prince Doran Nymeros Martell, Prince of Dorne, Lord of Sunspear.

Orders sent in

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ahmad Jihad Hamada
msg tools
My Lords of Westeros
While deeply saddened by the loss of our King, I am, as his loyal friend and former Hand, committed to maintain the legacy of peace left to us by King Robert Baratheon

May all our houses prosper
Lord Eddard Stark, Lord Paramount of Winterfell, Warden of the North

Orders sent in

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Linus Gustafsson
Sweden
Gothenburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Rataime wrote:

Fantastic, I wanted to try Martell as it is the only house I haven't played with !
Mod, quick question, how are we dealing with harbors when resolving Dark Wings, Dark Word ?

Good question.
I usually hand out PT's for harbors with ships in (just like resolving the game of Thrones card) and I will do so in this game too.
Unless some of you disagree, in which case we can take a vote.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Linus Gustafsson
Sweden
Gothenburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Turn 1
Action phase

Updated map

Turn order:

MESSENGER RAVEN
Lannister Looked at the top wildling card

RAID
Lannister

MARCH
Baratheon
Lannister
Stark
Martell
Greyjoy
Tyrell
Baratheon
Stark
Martell
Greyjoy
Tyrell

CONSOLIDATE POWER
Stark
Martell
Greyjoy
Tyrell

Lannister is next with the first raid

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ymco
msg tools
mb

I will use my raid on Greyjoy's Support order in Ironman's Bay

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Squeeze
msg tools
mbmbmb

1 ship from Shipbreaker Bay to Blackwater bay

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ymco
msg tools
mb

I March 1 Footman and 1 Knight from Lannisport to Riverrun.

Updated Map: http://tinyurl.com/4Lxv1M6eE3d9LPEhHE8C

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Linus Gustafsson
Sweden
Gothenburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Executing orders according to Starks wishes:
"White Harbour: 1 FM to Widow's Watch - Leave 1 PT"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Linus Gustafsson
Sweden
Gothenburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Turn 1
Action phase

Updated map

Turn order:

MESSENGER RAVEN
Lannister Looked at the top wildling card, returned it to the top.

RAID
Lannister The Golden Sound: Raid support in Ironman's Bay

MARCH
Baratheon Shipbreaker Bay: 1SH to Blackwater Bay
Lannister Lannisport: FM & KN to Riverrun
Stark White Harbour: FM to Widow's Watch - Leave PT
Martell
Greyjoy
Tyrell
Baratheon
Stark
Martell