Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Flynn
United States
Lakeville
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mb
Found this in excellent condition but the component list indicates 621 counters. I have 8 different color counter sets all large with different sets of creatures on them - 4 sets have a total of 62 counters and 4 sets have 61 counters so I am pretty sure that I am missing 4 there. However, even accounting for those I would only have a total of 496 leaving 125 missing counters. I suspect that those are the smaller number counters for the game but not sure - also included in the box was 36 small d6 which I believe many people use to track damage etc rather than shuffling number counters.

Anybody know if I am thinking about this correctly?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
McKinley Hamby
United States
Charles Town
West Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Chris,

Looking at my count for a Avalon Hill version you should have

Lords
Angels (18)
Archangels (6)
Titans (6) {Each a different color.}

Demi-Lords
Guardians (6)
Warlocks (6)

Creatures
Behemoths (18)
Centaurs (25)
Colossi (10)
Cyclops (28)
Dragons (18)
Gargoyles (21)
Giants (18)
Gorgons (25)
Griffons (18)
Hydras (10)
Lions (28)
Minotaurs (21
Ogres (25)
Rangers (28)
Serpents (10)
Trolls (28)
Unicorns (12)
Warbears (21)
Wyverns (18)

Leagon Markers (12) each color, corresponding to the Titan color

A lot of small counters with numbers on them for marking damage.

If I remember right it came with 2 dice. But as the fewest you will ever throw is 4, most people buy extra.

McK
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lexingtonian
United States
Unspecified
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It originally came with four dice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray
Thailand
Bangkok
Bangkok
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
irishalum1989 wrote:
...the component list indicates 621 counters. I have 8 different color counter sets all large with different sets of creatures on them - 4 sets have a total of 62 counters and 4 sets have 61 counters so I am pretty sure that I am missing 4 there. However, even accounting for those I would only have a total of 496 leaving 125 missing counters. I suspect that those are the smaller number counters for the game but not sure - also included in the box was 36 small d6 which I believe many people use to track damage etc rather than shuffling number counters.

Yes, those small white counters with red numbers on them are included in the counter count. They are used for tracking battle damage, but using small d6 work great too. As for other dice, yes, the game originally came with far few dice, but I guess AH suspected players would buy packs of dice for this game. I recommend twelve or more for convenience.

goodtimebyall counter list is good.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls