Popular Tags: [View All]
Randy Shipp
United States
Irving
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I posted a quick session report recently which was declined by a moderator. I reposted the report, being VERY careful not to check the "This is a good post, give me GG" box before submitting, checking only the subscription box. The second post, like the first, appears to have gone in to the moderation queue instead of just posting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Shipp
United States
Irving
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Surely session reports aren't some special case where if they're not deemed worth of GG then they're not permitted to post, right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H-B-G
United Kingdom
Halesowen
West Midlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This has been discussed before. Reviews and Session reports are always sent to Geekmod, regardless of the state of the good post box.

If the post is being declined as a Session report, you may be better posting in the General forum for the game, without checking that box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Herb
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rshipp wrote:
Surely session reports aren't some special case where if they're not deemed worth of GG then they're not permitted to post, right?

ALL "Session reports" go through the mod process. It is BGG's method of trying to insure "quality" session reports.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
badge
I am BGG's official honey trap
mbmbmbmbmb
Moved from BGG Bugs to BGG General.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Shipp
United States
Irving
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DaveD wrote:
This has been discussed before. Reviews and Session reports are always sent to Geekmod, regardless of the state of the good post box.

If the post is being declined as a Session report, you may be better posting in the General forum for the game, without checking that box.

Since neither I nor a new user will likely have read every forum post for the last several years, it might be better if the posting interface for session reports were made clearer. For example, rather than having the form for submitting session reports have a check box that says,

"This is a good post - please consider it for a GeekGold award
(Pending user moderation - post will be hidden until approved.
If it is not awarded geekgold, it will not be posted to the forums.)"

...perhaps simply have a statement that all session reports will be subject to this higher level of scrutiny. As it is, the check box presents a false and confusing choice to the user.

Then all that would remain would be to explain why session reports must somehow meet a higher, if unexplicated, standard than any other post in the forums. I know, I know...this has been discussed before. I'll see if I can somehow locate that discussion. In the meantime, I'll just say that it's frankly dumb to encourage people to post session reports to the general area, thus diluting both areas.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Herb
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Your point is absolutely valid and unfortunately this problem has existed for years. The system programmers know of the problem, but don't hold your breath waiting for the problem to get fixed.

You could also think of the problem as a bug in the GUI. When you select to post to the "Session" forum, then the checkbox to send the post to moderation should be autoselected and grayed out.

This is sort of like touching a hot stove. We all do it once and learn our lesson. So now you have learned one of the many quirks of the BGG site.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.