BattleLore (Second Edition)» Forums » General

Subject: More player variants? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rocy7 POL
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If there are some unofficial reasonably acting variants for more than 2 players? For example, for three or four? Will future add-ons possibly introduce them?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kent Reuber
United States
San Mateo
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The way most Epic Commands & Colors games work is that you'd need 2 sets so that you can have 2 boards side-by-side.

For board setup, I'd probably select 2 cards for the starting terrain. You could also try stretching the board replacing 1 hex with 2 (e.g., forests, hills and rivers are now twice as wide). Each player would have their own lore deck, and each pair of opponents would share a command deck.

You might also download the Epic BattleLore 1st edition rules for inspiration.

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_minisite_sec.asp?eidm...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Roper
South Africa
Hout Bay
Western Cape
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kentreuber wrote:
You might also download the Epic BattleLore 1st edition rules for inspiration.

Actually, with two boards side by side I would think that the Memouir'44 Overlord rules would be a better fit, at least to show how the two boards would work together and the roles of the players.

There used to be a simplified Rule Booklet but I cant find it, maybe some one else has a link, but here are the full rules from the expansion pack:

http://cdn0.daysofwonder.com/memoir44/en/img/mm_operation_ov...

Cheers
Chris

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bezio
United States
Lyndon Station
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I was thinking if I ever had 4 players and wanted to play Battlelore (Although, I have to admit, I'd just play a 4 player game in this situation), I'd do like we used to do for Warhammer...just set 2 separate games up side by side, winner plays winner for the grand championship (loser plays loser). Sometimes it was fun to throw in $1-$5, winner take all or put up a favorite painted model to hold hostage for a week. Not for the money or to support gambling, but for the fun of bragging rights. Of course, if your friends are...um...sensitive, you might not be able to do this.

I know, it's not a true multi-player game, but it's an option that I've found to be fun with other 2 player games in a group.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls