Subject: control and capture strategic objectives rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
King of the Wood
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
Is this right?

At start of turn if unit is in SO you control it(place flag marker on it). At the end of turn you capture SO and get 1 VP. Even if you have no units on it (page 13).

BUT on page 13 under capturing SO it says you capture a SO by having units in it at the end of your turn.

So this is contradictory?

Do you need to have units in the SO at end of turn to capture and get VP?

If so do you need to always have units in the SO each turn to get VP or as long as your flag counter is o it?

Please help needed.

cheers
Alex

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Wiggins
United States
Kingwood
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Uh! It's this darn dice tower!
mbmbmbmbmb
At the start of the game, no one occupies an SO (thus no points for either side). Once someone gets some men into an SO they have CAPTURED that SO and receive a point for it at the end of their turn. So far so good...

If those men are STILL occupying the SO at the beginning of your NEXT turn (they survived your opponents turn), you CONTROL the SO and put your flag into it. Think of that flag as effectively being a person for the purposes of scoring SOs at the end of your turn. You can move your people out of the SO, but you still get points for it as long as you have that flag there (until your opponent removes it!).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
King of the Wood
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
OK got it. We are thinking now (afterr a few plays)of only scoring points after the SO is controlled (flag raised)...just to tease the game out a little. Feels too quick to end at the moment. Getting VP for just getting men on SO seems too 'easy'.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Wiggins
United States
Kingwood
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Uh! It's this darn dice tower!
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it's intended to play quickly, but you can certainly do things as you suggest. Another idea I've seen around the 'geek is to not use the flags at all and require a mini be in the SO at all times in order to score points for it. I played a game with my wife where we were caught up in battles on one side of the board, and she had a flag in an SO on the far other end. It took me about 3 turns (more?) just to get to it while she scored points every round with her flag!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls