4 Posts

Theseus: The Dark Orbit» Forums » Rules

Subject: Instant card definition vs Landmine rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Redox
msg tools
mbmb
In two games played so far we reached at some point the same discussion regarding landmines (for Marines and Greys factions).
Landmine is an instant card as indicated by the symbol in the lower right corner. According to the manual and faqs, instant card can't be installed in any of the card slots, however the text on the back of the landmine clearly states that: "if the enemy stops in this sector, he receives 2 wounds". This means that the card has to be actually installed in a card slot in order to use it's effect - unless You can throw the mine at the opponent
Unfortunately in the manual landmine card is not described in details, but only logical conclusion is that this card, despite being instant card, has to be installed before being triggered by the opponent.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Masson
United States
Yuma
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You use instant cards anytime during YOUR turn or one of YOUR future turns. So you can hold it and use it later to make the perfect trap, but only use it on your turn. Thid seems right to me.
But yes, because it is a trap too you still need to install it. Could use some confirmation on this though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mariusz Kosecki
Poland
ElblÄ…g
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You got it wrong. Landmine is not an instant card - it's onetime-use card. You can compare a Grenade and a Landmine:
- they both have the "ticked box" icon in the bottom right corner, meaning they are a one time use only
- only Grenade is an instant card, hence its background is a "spiky disk"
- additionally the Landmine has the trap icon in the bottom left corner, meaning it's a trap that needs to be installed.

Those are the characteristics that distinguish instant, one-time, trap, etc. card types.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Redox
msg tools
mbmb
dannte wrote:
You got it wrong. Landmine is not an instant card - it's onetime-use card. You can compare a Grenade and a Landmine:
- they both have the "ticked box" icon in the bottom right corner, meaning they are a one time use only
- only Grenade is an instant card, hence its background is a "spiky disk"
- additionally the Landmine has the trap icon in the bottom left corner, meaning it's a trap that needs to be installed.

Those are the characteristics that distinguish instant, one-time, trap, etc. card types.

Right, my mistake. I looked at the cards in the manual next to the "instant cards" section and three of them have the ticked box (Hole, Annihilation, Gateway), so I assumed this was the symbol for instant cards.
Thanks for clarification!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls