Zombicide: Toxic City Mall» Forums » Rules

Subject: Campaigns and threat levels between scenarios rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rahz Shaitahn
Canada
flag msg tools
Hi all,

My group and I have played through a good number of scenarios and are looking at trying some of the campaigns. One thing I can't find is between missions, do we reset back to "Blue" threat level, thereby removing all gained abilities and gear? We've discussed options amongst ourselves but being RPG veterans, resetting feels like breaking the continuity whereas in most cases, by the second mission you'd be in Red and the remainder of the campaign, while dangerous, would seem less interesting.

How do you guys handle this?

Thoughts and ideas are welcome.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It depends on the campaign.

For example, in Switch City (available from the Guillotine Games website) they set a specific starting danger level for each mission in the campaign.

By contrast, however, I created a 5 mission scenario for the Kyoko competition (which I know won't be picked due to it being "too complicated" ) in which you carried over all experience and equipment from one mission to the next.

I did need to build the whole thing around this idea though - making the early missions easy, and giving the players a reason not hang around racking up experience and looting for equipment.

One thing you could do, if you wanted to simply string together existing scenarios, is add spawn points - I reckon one additional spawn point per danger level above blue at the start should probably be about right (but you might want to experiment) - you might also want more zombies too, if you take this approach, because you'll end up spawning a lot of zombies very quickly at higher starting danger levels!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls