Andrew Warner
United States
Middletown
Delaware
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
malesandro wrote:
I have attempted Black Magga twice and failed both times. The 2nd time I managed to save 6 alley's to Magga's 7. My question is, does all the locations need to be closed before all my three hero's Seela,Sajan and Seoni
attempt to engage in Black Magga card combat course of action?

I usually use Merisal instead of Seoni, but because of Black Magga's Arcane or Divine 14 check I have to use her with the help of Sajan's blessings.

You don't actually ever encounter Black Magga, so you never have to succeed at a check against here. What led you to think you encountered her somehow? Here is the scenario text:

Here Comes the Floods wrote:
Place the villain Black Magga faceup next to the blessings deck. Shuffle all of the cards in the Henchmen list into a single stack and deal 3 into each location deck.

At the start of each turn, select a random location deck and put its bottom 1d4 cards facedown under Black Magga without looking at them.
When you acquire an ally, put it under this card.

When either the blessings deck or all of the location decks have no cards remaining, if the number of allies under this card is at least equal to the number of allies under Black Magga, you win the scenario.

She just goes up by the blessing deck. Then you start trying to save allies while she eats allies each turn. When you roll to select the random location she attacks, empty locations still count, so you have an advantage to empty out locations, at least of all the allies. You win simply by having saved more allies than she ate, and never encounter her.

Here are some more thoughts on strategy:

http://paizo.com/threads/rzs2qjjf?Black-Maaga-Problem#2

EDIT: I'm worried the phrase "What led you to think you encountered her somehow?" sounds condescending. I didn't mean it that way. It was meant as an honest question to understand what went wrong in the language of this scenario. Sorry if it sounded rude.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan blank
msg tools
I was just wondering is there any point closing the locations in this scenario?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Warner
United States
Middletown
Delaware
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not unless the location gives you something positive for doing so. I can't remember which ones are in it, but if the General Store was in it, you might want to close it. Other than that, no.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.