Popular Tags: [View All]
Shoggoth
Argentina
Rosario
Santa Fe
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
simple question.

I know that items which require to spend MOVEMENT POINTS can't be use in Other World or when returnig from Other World... butttttttttttttt...

...ITEMS that can be use in MOVEMENT PHASE but NOT REQUIRE to spend movement points... can be use when returnig from other world?

Some Examples:

Ritual Candles: Movement: You may light the candles and place a Clue token on this card. Place an additional Clue token on this card during each Upkeep step, and discard it when there are 4 such tokens. All investigators gain +2 to Spell checks while the candles burn.

Key of Tawil At'Umr: Movement: If you are in Arkham, discard Key of Tawil At'Umr to move to the Other World of your choice. If you are in an Other World, discard Key of Tawil At'Umr to return to Arkham.

thanks for your opinions people!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Key of Tawil at'Umr pretty much answers your question, I think. It proves you still have a Movement Phase while in or returning from an Other World, you just have no Movement points to spend. Any of those card could be used, although it would be weird to do so with the Milk or Key as they would both stop you from closing the Gate you just returned through.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tibs
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Milk has recently come up on the FFG forums. Here's a link to the discussion:

http://community.fantasyflightgames.com/index.php?/topic/964...

Personally I think that Milk can't be used in the Other World (though you do get a movement phase there), and that this case is just another example of Black Goat's notorious oddly-worded cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I wouldn't allow the Milk to be used in the Other World either, or at least make it so that monsters stay where they are so the only effect is the Sanity reduction.

Using it on return from the Other World at your gate location, though? Sure. If you really want all the monsters stacked on that one gate for some reason.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Riley Crowder
United States
Salem
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you wanted to feasibly allow it. I wouldnt allow them to go into the underworld..but I would rather have them all move onto the portal you went into. Which would make it a nightmare in later turns.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shoggoth
Argentina
Rosario
Santa Fe
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kungfro wrote:

Personally I think that Milk can't be used in the Other World (though you do get a movement phase there), and that this case is just another example of Black Goat's notorious oddly-worded cards.

The movement Phase START in Other World and FINISH in Arkham... so when the movement phase is about to finish in Arkham, I use the Milk/Ritual/Key/etc.

Technically I'm using the Item in the MOVEMENT PHASE IN ARKHAM, not in Other World?!?!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Oakman
United States
Meadville
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I personally play that if you are in an OW at the start of your movement phase, your movement phase ends IMMEDIATELY upon returning through the gate. Your movement phase is in the OW (with no movement points to spend), and your encounter takes place during the Arkham Encounter phase.

I don't know if there is a ruling on this, but this is how I play it. So you would be unable to use any movement phase spell/item if you started your movement phase while in an OW.

Well, I mean you could (execept I agree with Tibbs that the Milk is misworded), but the effect would always trigger while in the OW. You would have to wait until the next turn to trigger the effect if you wanted to activate it in Arkham.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MC Crispy
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
soakman wrote:
I personally play that if you are in an OW at the start of your movement phase, your movement phase ends IMMEDIATELY upon returning through the gate. Your movement phase is in the OW (with no movement points to spend), and your encounter takes place during the Arkham Encounter phase.

I don't know if there is a ruling on this, but this is how I play it. So you would be unable to use any movement phase spell/item if you started your movement phase while in an OW.

Well, I mean you could (execept I agree with Tibbs that the Milk is misworded), but the effect would always trigger while in the OW. You would have to wait until the next turn to trigger the effect if you wanted to activate it in Arkham.
While I respect your right to house rule, I'll point out that Phase II clearly does not end on returning to Arkham. Movement does, but not Phase II. This is clear because you have the option to engage with Monsters at the Gate's Location, which you could not do if Phase II had ended. By the same token, you should still be able to do stuff that doesn't require the use of Movement Points.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Oakman
United States
Meadville
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting. Thanks.

I guess the discrepancy isn't one that comes into play during my sessions very much. Usually when coming out of a gate, everyone I play with relishes the remaining "monster immunity" and tries to get a gate seal/close in before encountering the creature there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MC Crispy
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
soakman wrote:
Interesting. Thanks.

I guess the discrepancy isn't one that comes into play during my sessions very much. Usually when coming out of a gate, everyone I play with relishes the remaining "monster immunity" and tries to get a gate seal/close in before encountering the creature there.
Agreed. I'm not saying that I do it any different - when I come out of a Gate my Phase II is effectively over. But the rules don't require it.

One of my little wishes is that there was more rigour in the use of keywords/phrases in both the rules/components and in the forums. It's helpful to distinguish between Movement and Phase II for instance, but the two are often conflated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls