Popular Tags: [View All]
Nate Simons
United States
Johnston
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Anybody know where I can get good "gold" resources that look similar to the gold artwork depicted in the game? Ideally, I'm trying to find something that looks like little round gold nuggets. If I could find small round pieces of fools gold (iron pyrite) I think that would work, but I'm having a hard time locating a retailer that sells small pieces of fools gold. Any ideas, thoughts, or suggestions are welcome.
For what its worth, I've already upgraded my wood and stone resources to look like the component artwork depicted on the board. I purchased some round fimo "stones" from meeplesource and spray painted them gold, but they just don't look like quite right. They seem to be missing the texture of the gold nuggets depicted in the board art.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Speicher
United States
Potomac Falls
VIRGINIA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i'm going to wait to get some resources from Stonemaier Games when they launch their resource KS.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Francisco
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
And let me tell you that Jamey is a first-class guy. The gold from Euphoria's Kickstarter is sick! I'm sure the Kickstarter for the resources will be awesome.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, Jason and Jack! Nate, we'll be doing a Kickstarter for realistic resources in early summer. If you've seen a Kickstarter copy of Euphoria, those resources show the general concept (but they'll be different in the Treasure Chest resource pack we're working on). If you want to stay in the loop about that, you can subscribe to our e-newsletter at www.stonemaiergames.com.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ori Avtalion
Israel
flag msg tools
Check out these picture-perfect custom-made components. They are offered for purchase.

http://hoboldsgrotte.blogspot.com/p/tzolkin.html
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Francisco
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Those are pretty nice, but the 18 euros shipping on top of 30 euros for the bits is pretty steep.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Shufelt
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not that I want to advertise myself, but I have an auction where my girlfriend and I are willing to make resources for someone. I think she's even made a gold nugget, I'll see if I can get a picture.

If you only want 20 gold nuggets, I'm sure we can lower the "minimum bid" too. PM me if you're interested.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Gardner
United States
LA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I made some decent stone and gold nuggets by painting "sea glass". It's broken chunks of glass that have been tumbled to remove the sharpness. You can find it at hobby lobby, michael's, etc. I sprayed 25 gray and 25 black. I followed up the black with gold paint, and then clear coated both sets. I also bought some "apple stick treats" at the pet store and cut them up into tiny logs for the wood. I still don't have a solution for the corn, but I'm thinking of buying feed corn and having two colors for the denominations.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay
United States
FLORIDA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought some fool's gold on Ebay. They are intended for jewelry and so have a small hole drilled through them. I also bought some stone. I didn't particularly love anything for corn but ended up buying some small silver corn trinkets and larger brass ones (still waiting for those to arrive).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls