Subject: Is there any way to help? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Will H
United States
Canonsburg
PA
flag msg tools
I would love to see this game released, but as many people have mentioned in the past, it seems to have been "languishing" on the P500 page for quite some time. The BGG page has seen little activity, and the designer blog has not been updated in over six months (it looks as though the designer is - quite understandably - busy with other projects).

Is there any way that those of us who are interested in the game can help promote it? I have mentioned it to several friends, of course, but more is needed than that. I don't know if there are specific online forums where the game might find a larger audience, or what. Any ideas?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle Seely
United States
Carmel
IN
flag msg tools
badge
Winner of the C. Montgomery Burns Award for Outstanding Achievement in the Field of Excellence
mbmbmbmbmb
I really don't think the game is going to get any traction until some approximation of the game's art is posted.

With historical wargames, art isn't quite as important - you can guess what ancient Roman armies or maps might look like. Or WWII Germans or Americans, et al. But with a fantasy setting, that's not set in some pre-existing fantasy setting with which people might be familiar (Middle Earth, D&D Forgotten Realms, Azeroth, et al), nobody knows what it will look like.

This game has the strength of the Maneuver system, so it can be sold from that angle - but I think without some art, you're not going to convince people to take the step from consideration to purchase.

Jeff posted a lot of really cool concept art on his Facebook page, but GMT really needs to either update their entry for the game, for it to reach more people, or incorporate some of the concept art into the banner artwork for the game. Anything would be better than what they currently have.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will H
United States
Canonsburg
PA
flag msg tools
Updating the P500 site with better artwork makes a lot of sense to me. It seems as though it would be relatively easy for GMT to do as much, so why haven't they?

I was also wondering about the play testing of the game. Some of the P500 games have links to reviews and battle reports. Fury is similar to Manoeuvre, of course, but it is also different in a number of ways. Perhaps if people had a better sense of how the game plays, they might be more inclined to purchase it.

Other thoughts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls