Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Oberly
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I could have sworn I had a read a rule that stated that units coming onto the board as reinforcements only had half of their movement points available...am I imagining this? I have been unable to find the rule, if it exists at all.

Thus far, I have been playing as if this rule existed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean McCormick
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You are imagining it. Maybe a SSR? (Haven't come across it yet.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Oberly
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That was quick! Thanks, Sean. Maybe it's from another game I have played recently. Looking for the rule was driving me batty.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rolland Beach
United States
Viroqua
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Special rule for "Scenario 19-The First T34s":

"Russian tanks only get 1/2 of their Movement Points on the turn they enter"

This is the only scenario specific limitation on entry movement points.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Oberly
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jadegleave wrote:
Special rule for "Scenario 19-The First T34s":

"Russian tanks only get 1/2 of their Movement Points on the turn they enter"

This is the only scenario specific limitation on entry movement points.

Thanks for that -- I wonder if that's where I read it, and just sort of absorbed it as part of the rules as a whole.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Beyer
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
more.
badge
Additional question regarding movement and reinforcements:
If a tank enters the map at the beginning of the turn, stays stationary on the edge and takes a shot, will the tank have to take a +4 prof check to take a shot while moving or does the tank count as stationary until it moves beyond the entry hex?

If the tank has to take a +4 prof check, will any tank entering the map automatically gain a 'move' counter as well?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Oberly
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Stunke wrote:
If a tank enters the map at the beginning of the turn, stays stationary on the edge and takes a shot, will the tank have to take a +4 prof check to take a shot while moving or does the tank count as stationary until it moves beyond the entry hex?

If the tank has to take a +4 prof check, will any tank entering the map automatically gain a 'move' counter as well?

I will let someone else give you an official answer, but I would assume that the tank is moving when it comes onto the map, with all the benefits and penalties.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Beyer
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
more.
badge
MikeOberly wrote:
Stunke wrote:

I will let someone else give you an official answer, but I would assume that the tank is moving when it comes onto the map, with all the benefits and penalties.
But putting the tank on the first hex does not cost the first point of movement, does it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
Stunke wrote:
But putting the tank on the first hex does not cost the first point of movement, does it?
I can't find this answered in the game rules or in the rules forum... has this been officially clarified?

FWIW I've seen different games do it differently, i.e. in some games, reinforcements appear on a hex for free and in some games they expend movement points as if moving from a virtual hex on the other side of the map edge... The latter seems more sensible to me, especially as units pay MP to leave the map, so why not to enter as well?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Krohn
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
badge
Ahhh....my misspent youth...
mb
A vehicle entering from off board pays a movement point for the first hex or half hex it enters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
Jim Krohn wrote:
A vehicle entering from off board pays a movement point for the first hex or half hex it enters.
Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Hoyt

Butte
Montana
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What about multiple units entering the board?

In scenario 27, both sides start off map. Turn 1 the Germans enter the north edge. They have 9 half-tracks. If each half-track is assumed to start on the just off-map road hex, then they can all go a long ways down the playing map. But that would assume all 9 start in the same off-map hex, which would violate stacking.

Should I instead assume that only 1 half track could start in the immediate off-map road hex? And then 1 more one hex further back (north), or possibly in an open hex adjacent to the road, but would still have to pay 1 MP to first get on the road?

I think so. I almost want to decree that there is a 5th map just to the north of the 4 maps making up the scenario and insist that units have to start there obeying the stacking limits, then must enter the 4 map playing area on their turn. Would also apply to the Soviets who also start off-map to the north and are chasing the Germans south, and then some German reinforcements that start off-map to the south and come north.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls