Tony
United States
Tempe
Arizona
flag msg tools
May the Force be with you.
badge
Good and evil; there never is one without the other.
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't even know where to start except to note that I know you use them at the end of the Gypsies player's turn (not the end of the "turn"/round after all players have gone). That said...

(1) It looks like you can NOT use the special ability during their first turn since you cannot abandon a region on your first turn, correct?

(2) On following turns...

Let's say you start by readying your troops and conquering a region and now own fiver regions total.

Then, during the the abandoning a region phase and keep just one of the regions (so, you abandoned the other four and put four coins out).

Then, it is the end of YOUR turn so you get the four gold from the regions you just abandoned + one for the regions you still control.

Is that it?

If so, how could I conquer the regions again THIS turn when you conquer BEFORE the abandoning phase?

Is the advantage that you still get the gold but have more tokens to conquer with next turn? If so, many times this just seems to be a wash so I must be missing something.

If someone could provide a step by step guide to exactly how it works it would be very much appreciated. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Toltz
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
Your cat likes me more
badge
In brightest day / In blackest night / No evil shall escape my sight / Let those who worship evil's might / Beware my power--Green Lantern's light!
mbmbmbmbmb
You're massively overthinking this. The Gypsy power is really simple.

If they abandon a territory at the beginning of their turn, they get a coin. They may not then reconquer that territory during the same turn they abandoned it.

Putting the coin on the board and taking it off at the end is just a mechanism to remind you which places you left and that you can't go back.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Dunagan
United States
Clermont
GA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1) Correct

2) You abandon before you conquer. You abandon all the regions you like and place a coin on each region abandoned. You may not conquer those regions on the current turn. The gypsies that you pulled off are now used to conquer new regions. After redeployment, you gain the coins off the board as well as for every region your gypsies are currently occupying.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
mb
Here read this and the responses to this.

If you still don't understand then ask again.

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/14787866#14787866
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony
United States
Tempe
Arizona
flag msg tools
May the Force be with you.
badge
Good and evil; there never is one without the other.
mbmbmbmbmb
I see, thanks!

The way the rules are written I thought things went in order.

This was the case for everything in "the first turn", but I now see this is not the case for "following turns."

Looks like "abandoning a region" should be a subheading under "ready your troops."

Definitely confusing as written, but these answers and the link provided clear this up. Thanks again!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sacred Ninja
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just played first game with Gypsies and ran into the same confusion. Just adding the word "[your] turn" to the Gypsies info card would've solved it. I'm not the best editor either but I think they could've made it more clear. Thanks for answering this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls