Sean Musgrove
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
I have two questions that I hope an experienced player can answer. Nymeria from the core set is an attachment that allows the player to kneel Nymeria to save attached character. When you kneel Nymeria does that mean that Nymeria kneels and stays on the table or does that mean Nymeria kneels and is discarded? I believe the card kneels and stays on the field. My friend thought that was pretty broken.

Ser Davos from the core set reads "Response" Save Ser Davos Seaworth from being killed, then pay 1 gold or return him to his owner's hand.

Now if I am military challenged and lose and I kill Ser Davos and then save him with his response am I meeting the requirements of the military challenge claim. I am killing someone off, but I am bringing them immediately back to the field with his response. Also, if davos is saved does he come back kneeling or standing? I might have the card interpreted wrong.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Ibsen
United Kingdom
Oxford
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When cards kneel they stay on the table, they are only discarded if specifically stated.

I believe you can kill Ser Davos as claim and then save him, but I may be wrong about that.

He would return to the play area in the same state as he left, either standing or kneeling.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Rice
United States
LIHUE
HI
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ser Davos doesn't "come back" as he never leaves play. He is saved from being killed, so he remains in play, the way he is.

When in doubt, do EXACTLY what the card says, no more and no less.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Musgrove
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
Thank you for the responses, but will ser davos still satisfy a military claim? Technically you aren't killing him.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clayton Threadgill
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Arsenal187 wrote:
I have two questions that I hope an experienced player can answer. Nymeria from the core set is an attachment that allows the player to kneel Nymeria to save attached character. When you kneel Nymeria does that mean that Nymeria kneels and stays on the table or does that mean Nymeria kneels and is discarded? I believe the card kneels and stays on the field. My friend thought that was pretty broken.

You just kneel it. The card doesn't say to discard, so you don't discard it. Your friend can either find a way to kill that character twice in a round, or remove the attachment. Mad King's Legacy is a fairly reliable way to do this in the core set.

Arsenal187 wrote:
Ser Davos from the core set reads "Response" Save Ser Davos Seaworth from being killed, then pay 1 gold or return him to his owner's hand.

Now if I am military challenged and lose and I kill Ser Davos and then save him with his response am I meeting the requirements of the military challenge claim. I am killing someone off, but I am bringing them immediately back to the field with his response. Also, if davos is saved does he come back kneeling or standing? I might have the card interpreted wrong.

Yes, if you kill Ser Davos and then use his ability in response to save him, you have satisfied the claim of the military challenge. You can also use him to defend against attackers with Deadly, and save him again.

As was said, when Ser Davos is saved, he never actually leaves play. So he remains standing or knelt, whichever he was before he was killed. He also keeps any attachments, power, or anything else that he might have. Of course, that's provided you pay the gold - if not, then he doesn't die, but goes to your hand instead, and anything on him is discarded.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.