David DeHart
United States
Murfreesboro
TN
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Has anyone else had trouble with the BC: DoI character deck sleeves being either too large to fit the insert or REALLY snug?

I received my copy of the game from MM last week and found this to be the case, as well as the glue from the sleeves had caused them to get stuck together. One of the plastic connectors for the life-counters is missing too.

Yes, a lot of complaining... I know. I have to say though, it is a really awesome game.

I tried contacting Level 99 to see if they could help me out, but I guess I will try MM and see if there's something they can do.

d

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
badge
I am BGG's official honey trap
mbmbmbmbmb
Moved from General Gaming to BattleCON: Devastation of Indines : General.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David DeHart
United States
Murfreesboro
TN
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks Liam Liam, I didn't realize there was a thread for Level 99.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dylan Thurston
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Most people end up ditching the insert. But the cardboard sleeves do fit inside: you just need to bend them so that they are rectangular rather than flat.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David DeHart
United States
Murfreesboro
TN
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Ahh, ok. I have pushed them out into rectangles and they still fit really tight. What I will probably end up doing is cutting the sleeves into dividers or something and putting card sleeves on them.

Thanks for the response.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donny Behne
United States
Fate
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
www.punchboardmedia.com/geaux-gaming/
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just throw away the insert. Its not worth trying to make it work.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alison Mandible
United States
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
On my copy, the folders fit snugly in 90% of the insert until I went from KINDA having them rectangular to REALLY having them rectangular. The trick was scoring along the middle of the sides and bottom, to make them really fold back in a little.

Once I did that, they were a tight fit at the side of two of the corner compartments, but went in nicely across most of the insert.

(And then I threw the insert out, because I wanted to store War in the same box, and sleeve my cards, and include Extended Edition.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David DeHart
United States
Murfreesboro
TN
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Haha, well it seems I will have to toss my insert and find a different solution. Thanks for all of the advice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls