Subject: Runika's Soak / Stun Guard artifacts rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bryan Rosander
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
When Runika gets hit, does she still get her soak / stun guard if those are the artifacts that her opponent disables? I know that there are cases where an opponent would disable something else, but they seem like they aren't real shields if they can't even take one hit.

I'm guessing that regardless of the answer, that battlefist gets disabled immediately.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anon Y. Mous
msg tools
mbmb
No, you lose your Soak/Stun Guard as soon as they're disabled. The primary purpose of the Autodeflector is to protect your other artifacts (though you can reliably gain Soak from it if you activate it with Channeled.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sascha Parsa
Germany
flag msg tools
It's better
badge
if you can do without
mbmbmb
Actually Battlefist is normally one of the last artifacts to get disabled by the opponent in my experience. Phase goggles, Hover Boots and, if you can keep it up, Autodeflector are generally more valueable.
But to address your question, Etherality is correct, Runika gets hit before she receives damage and as such if Autodeflector or her Shield gets disabled the Soak/Stun Guard is gone before those can interact with the damage taken.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Walsh
Ireland
Lucan
Co Dublin
flag msg tools
mbmb
Ethereality wrote:
No, you lose your Soak/Stun Guard as soon as they're disabled. The primary purpose of the Autodeflector is to protect your other artifacts (though you can reliably gain Soak from it if you activate it with Channeled.)
It's the other way around. You can reliably gain Soak from it if you activate it with Tinker and then activate something else with Channeled.

And yeah, there's not much point in knocking out the Battlefist, since it and Phase Goggles can be trivially reactivated with Channeled and still have effect.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Rosander
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
That makes sense on reliably getting soak / stun guard.

Thanks for the help!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls