Subject: Aria's Laser Lattice Finisher rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bryan Rosander
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
It seems like each droid and Aria get to attack, in any order. After each droid hits, they move the opponent back or forward one space. This gives a potential damage of 8.

This seems a little more powerful than other character's finishers. It seems like a guaranteed hit, does more damage than the average of 7, moves the opponent where you want them, and has high priority. Am I missing something? I know your droids have to all be deployed for full damage in a reasonable formation, but that still seems easy.

Also, how does this work with soak / stun guard?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Bennett
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
chucklyfun wrote:
It seems like each droid and Aria get to attack, in any order. After each droid hits, they move the opponent back or forward one space. This gives a potential damage of 8.

This seems a little more powerful than other character's finishers. It seems like a guaranteed hit, does more damage than the average of 7, moves the opponent where you want them, and has high priority. Am I missing something? I know your droids have to all be deployed for full damage in a reasonable formation, but that still seems easy.

cant say for sure but i believe soak and stun guard apply to each attack separatly which is why it is less powerful than it appears
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Augusto E. Rodrigues
Brazil
Sao Paulo
Sao Paulo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
More powerful that other finishers?
There are finishers that hit for 25 damage or even instant kill.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle Currie
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
badge
Dignity. Always dignity!
mbmbmbmbmb
Klaxas wrote:
chucklyfun wrote:

cant say for sure but i believe soak and stun guard apply to each attack separatly which is why it is less powerful than it appears

I don't know if that's true. It's true that soak and stun guard work for each separate attack, but the repeated attack is just the effect of this one SINGLE attack, so I think it would only apply once. You're not playing multiple attacks, just one that can go on several times.

And as far as it being overpowered? Hardly. 8 damage is not that much compared to most of them, and it requires a perfect setup. If you have your drones spread all over the board, it's unlikely you'd be able to hit with all of them, and no one is going to go into a match thinking "I should set up the board for that one attack I can make when my life falls below 8"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Bennett
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Elyklord wrote:

I don't know if that's true. It's true that soak and stun guard work for each separate attack, but the repeated attack is just the effect of this one SINGLE attack, so I think it would only apply once. You're not playing multiple attacks, just one that can go on several times.

but the attacks are coming from separate sources. again im not sure what the official ruling is but just a glance at the situation that is my instinctual answer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Rosander
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Agreed that there are some extremely powerful finishers that have some more difficult conditions to meet.

I think I was able to find a way to get all 4 hits in in just about whatever setup. Instinctively, it seems like that should have been the limiting factor.

That is assuming that you move the opponent after each hit and you range check the next droid / Aria after the move. At worst, you get a little more restricted on where the opponent ends up.

With 1~2 range on the attack, you would have to have a 5 spot open space without any droid or Aria in order to not get the maximum damage. I can't imagine that happening in at least a 2 player game. Maybe it is actually more difficult having out all of the droids at once because Aria needs to sacrifice them for Photovoltaic?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dylan Thurston
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Klaxas wrote:
Elyklord wrote:

but the attacks are coming from separate sources. again im not sure what the official ruling is but just a glance at the situation that is my instinctual answer.
I would expect that Soak is applied multiple times. I don't think it's separate sources (ordinarily the damage would come from Aria, even with range calculated from a Droid), but I don't think that's relevant: you are executing the attack multiple times, and I don't see why they would get combined into a single attack.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Rosander
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thinking about my 5 spot open space comment more, it seems more complicated.

The target can be moved 3 spaces to get in range of the last droid and 4 if Aria is in one of those spaces.

Imagine that all of the droids are at _D___D_ or closer.

In a formation with Aria and 2 droids on the left side and one on the right, it will be easy to max damage if the opponent starts on the side with more droids but 2 spaces harder if they start on the right. It will be even easier if they are spread evenly (2 on each D). Considering that most setups will probably be similar, it still seems pretty easy to get all the hits.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls