Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Hect
United States
Redmond
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If a player wishes to imitate an action with a replenish attribute (Logging for example), do they still get 3 wood, even though the first player already collected all the wood on the initial action? I ruled that they wouldn't get any wood in this case during a game played yesterday, but it does seem a bit harsh, and really diminishes the value of imitation of those types of actions.

Thanks,
Jason

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gillum the Stoor
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Page 22 of the rules say (under 'Details on the “Imitation” action') say the following: "When imitating an accumulating space, you do not get any of the accumulating goods as they have already been taken by your opponent."

Replenishment of accumulating spaces occurs at phase 2 of a round, while Imitation can take place only in phase 3 (the Work phase). Replenishment does not recur during phase 3.

In the end, imitation of accumulating spaces tends to be less valuable (but not necessarily worthless).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grzegorz Kobiela
Germany
Hanover
Lower Saxony
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Editor at Lookout Games
mbmbmbmbmb
gillum wrote:
Page 22 of the rules say (under 'Details on the “Imitation” action') say the following: "When imitating an accumulating space, you do not get any of the accumulating goods as they have already been taken by your opponent."

Replenishment of accumulating spaces occurs at phase 2 of a round, while Imitation can take place only in phase 3 (the Work phase). Replenishment does not recur during phase 3.

In the end, imitation of accumulating spaces tends to be less valuable (but not necessarily worthless).

Correct.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Hect
United States
Redmond
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Perfect. I see it in the rules now, thanks for pointing me to the correct page!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mario Fistanic
msg tools
one question, please
imitation - can I imitate some action twice (after someone else imitates this action before me)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gillum the Stoor
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
garakelim wrote:
one question, please
imitation - can I imitate some action twice (after someone else imitates this action before me)
Yes. In fact, the rules say, "In games with 5 to 7 players, there are multiple “Imitation” Action spaces and they may all be used to imitate the same or different Action spaces."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls