United States
Middlesboro
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there any way that you can change your setting so that a particular user can not contact you through Geekmail?
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
My Turn Yet?
United States
Kirkland
WA
flag msg tools
'80' maxlength='250'> </td> </tr> <tr> <td width="15%" align="right"><b>Avatar OverText</b></td> <td width="85%"> <input type="text" name="overtext[avatar]" value="My Turn Yet?
badge
30 Days, 0 plays
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't believe so. You can hide a users posts, but I don't think that affects GeekMail.

If you're having a problem with someone, you should probably contact an Admin.

I am guessing the admin that would oversee this would be
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
19 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tsar Count
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
paigew wrote:
I am guessing the admin that would oversee this would be
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
He is who you need to contact. Here are the rules which include private messages:

http://boardgamegeek.com/community_rules
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
"L'état, c'est moi."
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Roger's Reviews: check out my reviews page, right here on BGG!
badge
Caution: May contain wargame like substance
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Definitely contact Octavian.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenny VenOsdel
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
All you had to do was ask Scarlett. No need to air our dirty laundry...

In all seriousness if someone is harassing you via geekmail Octavian will bring down the hammer.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Middlesboro
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
kvenosdel wrote:
All you had to do was ask Scarlett. No need to air our dirty laundry...


laugh kiss

Quote:
In all seriousness if someone is harassing you via geekmail Octavian will bring down the hammer.


No hammer necessary! No one is harassing me; I don't think I've had any out of the way messages from anyone on BGG. Most everyone has been wonderful since I've been on here, and no one has been terrible. It's more of a personal preference that doesn't really have anything to do with BGG, other than I was wondering if the option was available.

Thanks, everybody for the answers and concern.
13 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
badge
I am BGG's official honey trap
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
If you block the user their GMs won't show up either.


There's a scots word havering.

Haver

haver
Pronunciation: /ˈheɪvə

VERB
Scottish talk foolishly; babble:
Example
Monjeyhandz is havering...

The above about blocked users and GM is incorrect blush
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Holger Doessing
Denmark
Odense
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Scarlett_O wrote:
kvenosdel wrote:
All you had to do was ask Scarlett. No need to air our dirty laundry...


laugh kiss

Quote:
In all seriousness if someone is harassing you via geekmail Octavian will bring down the hammer.


No hammer necessary! No one is harassing me; I don't think I've had any out of the way messages from anyone on BGG. Most everyone has been wonderful since I've been on here, and no one has been terrible. It's more of a personal preference that doesn't really have anything to do with BGG, other than I was wondering if the option was available.

Thanks, everybody for the answers and concern.

So it's settled. Scarlett obviously wants to block Octavian! gulp whistle
12 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pee di Moor
Netherlands
Rotterdam
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh Scarlett, please don't block me!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darth James
United States
West Virginia
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
paigew wrote:
You can hide a users posts


I want to know how to do this. There's a user whose posts always grind my gears and I have to resist being drawn into the madness.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
Si non potes reperire Berolini in tabula, ludens essetis non WIF.
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
EvilPandaPirate wrote:
paigew wrote:
You can hide a users posts


I want to know how to do this. There's a user whose posts always grind my gears and I have to resist being drawn into the madness.


Click on the little arrow to the right of the geekmail envelope; select the red-x "Hide User's Posts" option. But don't tell anybody you've done this; against BGG rules to tell who you've plunked.
5 
 Thumb up
0.05
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darth James
United States
West Virginia
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
wifwendell wrote:
EvilPandaPirate wrote:
paigew wrote:
You can hide a users posts


I want to know how to do this. There's a user whose posts always grind my gears and I have to resist being drawn into the madness.


Click on the little arrow to the right of the geekmail envelope; select the red-x "Hide User's Posts" option. But don't tell anybody you've done this; against BGG rules to tell who you've plunked.


Thanks! I wasn't planning on advertising my hatelist. I was just going to post the names of all the people who I HAVEN'T blocked laugh
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.