Popular Tags: [View All]
Nathan Dennis
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm confused on how to play the gun bots when they are the top card .. their trick is "Play 0 cards", but if I play 0 cards then this card will never leave the top ...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel Pyne
United Kingdom
Southampton
Hampshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Nathan

So you really need to play so that the Gun-Bots never ends up as your Top Card. However, if it does …

If your opponent announces he is using Guns or Boarding as his Skill then you know, if you lose this round, you will Discard Cards. So if you use the Gun-Bots Trick of playing 0 cards and lose, then the Gun-Bots will be Discarded.

If you do the math here. Your opponent selects Guns/Boarding and you lose. If he plays only 1 card and you play 0 then he is better off after the Win Effect is applied by 1 card. If he played 2 cards and you play 0 then even after the Win Effect is applied you'll end up even. However if he plays 3 cards and you play 0 then after the Win Effects you will be 1 card better off.

The Trick is there as a way to mitigate your loss if the Gun-Bots ever ends up your Top Card. But you're going to want to play to avoid this

Now if your opponent selects Sailing as his Skill and you use the Gun-Bot's Trick, you're right - the Gun-Bot will stay your Top Card plus now your opponent knows it's your Top Card which would be devastating to you. So you would have to play at least 1 card at that point.

Remember - Tricks are optional.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Dennis
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you!! This is how we played it .. I had gun bots and he beat with me the guns ..

BTW - I love this game!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robin S
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The trick is optional?! So I still could have played 1,2, or 3 cards. It's just that my top card (gunbots) would have been 0 skill level plus the bonus of my other card(s).

If I decided to use the trick for gunbots then I would have still declared my skill but indicated 0 cards when we revealed the number we were playing.

After comparing cards then we resolve the win rules.

Do I have all that right?

That won't happen to me again!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls