Kenny VenOsdel
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This probably needs some work but I just stumbled across this thread for a Decktet version of Parade. Parade variant using instead a double Decktet? I gave some recommendations which I intend to try out. The OP sounds like it wouldn't work well but I think my tweaks could actually make for a pretty interesting game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenny VenOsdel
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Just came across a variant for Parade
We gave this a shot last night with 2 players. We used only a single deck and started with a hand of 5 cards. Typical play a card draw a card format. The rules we followed were that if there were vulnerable cards you must choose either equal to and lower ranks or pick one of the suits showing on the card you played. After claiming, any double suited cards must be assigned to one pile or another that matches a suit. Since the card pool is small we only required a single card more than an opponent to count as a majority.

It worked pretty well and played nice and fast. There was some trickiness to it but overall it kept the same sort of puzzle feel that 2p Parade had before. I know for a fact there are some refinements to be made so I'm going to pursue the idea a bit more. A [Myrmex] double deck with two extra rules (only one instance of a rank in each pile, remove one set of aces/crowns before the shuffle) would probably work just as well for 3-5 players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.