Popular Tags: [View All]
Gary James
United Kingdom
Lincoln
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm gradually working my way though Ship Pack One painting the fleets. Whilst there has been some criticism of the ship quality, apart from a few small bent parts which easily straighten up in warm water I'm happy with the pack - 108 miniatures for £25 is good value and they respond well to a bit of simple painting.

I wanted the Hegemony fleet to be a very dark grey to echo the grey suits on the play mat illustration. I went for a base of a sort of metallic gun-metal colour, made by mixing aluminium and black paint 50/50. A black ink wash, dry brush highlight and the basic colour work was done.

Thanks to Maruk for showing the way with the orange details. I thought of using a different colour but the eyepiece of the Hegemony suit is orange so I stuck with it.

For added detail I painted some Hegemony symbols on the star bases and dreadnoughts.

The cruisers and interceptors are much smaller models so there's no room for any icons - not with my level of painting skill anyway. I added some small spots of orange detail to tie in the these and imply a weapons feature.

There's not a lot you can do with the smaller models. I used a bit of black lining to emphasise the details and shapes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rafael Hannula
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
badge
Truthful speech, proper understanding, unselfish action
mb
wow Beautiful

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
COAT Christophe
France
Plouvorn
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oy.

That's awesome

Happy to see other ship pack one's paintings.

Hope you'll show us your next painted fleets !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Townshend
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I really love the faction symbols you've added to these and to the hydran fleet. The color on those starbase cubes is menacing. Very very cool.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls