Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeggred Johnson
United Kingdom
Huddersfield
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello there

This is the first version of Dungeon Twister I've played and there's only one thing in the rule book I'm not so sure about. When setting up a game and initially placing objects and characters in rooms, do you place them randomly or do you choose what/who goes where strategically?

I'm assuming the latter as this game doesn't seem to be about luck at all.

Please help, thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lochi Lochi
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You choose where to place objects.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeggred Johnson
United Kingdom
Huddersfield
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thought so, thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew S.
United States
Fairfax
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Your question is ambiguous.

If you mean placing objects/characters face down in the initial set-up, the players take turns placing one thing in any room until each room has the number of objects/characters indicated on the scenario card.

If you mean placing objects/characters in specific zones of a room when revealed, the player who reveals the room places all characters and the opponents objects, while the opponent places the revealed player's objects.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeggred Johnson
United Kingdom
Huddersfield
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry, I'll try and be clearer.

My question relates to your first point - placing objects/characters face down in the initial set up.

What I wanted to know is if a player looks at the object/character card he is playing before placing it in a room, or if it is left as a surprise for both players when the room is revealed?

The rules are very clear on your second point about which zones the objects/characters are placed in and I don't have a problem with that at all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.